Papa Johns - Russia and Belarus

ChamonixOx

One of the main sponsors of the EFL and iFollow, Papa John's is one of the larger companies still operating in Russia and Belarus. I have written to OUFC and the EFL to ask them to put pressure on them to withdrawel from these markets https://www.efl.com/-more/efl-commercial-partners/papa-johns/ or agree a termination of sponsorship - please write to OUFC and the EFL if you want to show your support to the Ukrainian people. Football, if it stands by Ukraine, needs to go the extra mile.

Last edited:
One of the main sponsors of the EFL and iFollow, Papa John's is one of the larger companies still operating in Russia and Belarus. I have written to OUFC and the EFL to ask them to put pressure on them to withdrawel from these markets https://www.efl.com/-more/efl-commercial-partners/papa-johns/ or agree a termination of sponsorship - please write to OUFC and the EFL if you want to show your support to the Ukrainian people. Football, if it stands by Ukraine, needs to go the extra mile.
good call .... agree Papa John's should really in this case ,go the extra mile to deliver .... by withdrawing from both markets

I'm already boycotting them, have been for years after having the misfortune of trying a Pizza from there and the foulness they call Garlic Sauce.

I'm Italian, so never even considered buying "pizza" from them.
Always amuses me that "pizza" as sold by Papa Johns and Domino's amongst others, is considered to be Italian. The dough and the flat bread is, no doubt, Italian but the use of toppings as has become so popular, is mainly derived from the American armed forces post landing in Sicily during WW2. They wanted something more than just flat bread (heathens that they are!) and so suggested the extra toppings to create a full meal.
Thankfully, the Italians have become very, very good at making "proper" pizzas. You can keep your mass produced PJ and Domino muck. Once you have sat back at a bar in Italy with a Campari and orange (freshly squeezed) and a slice of pizza with just tomato, buffalo mozzarella and some fresh basil leaves, the world passes by in bliss.

Always amuses me that "pizza" as sold by Papa Johns and Domino's amongst others, is considered to be Italian. The dough and the flat bread is, no doubt, Italian but the use of toppings as has become so popular, is mainly derived from the American armed forces post landing in Sicily during WW2. They wanted something more than just flat bread (heathens that they are!) and so suggested the extra toppings to create a full meal.
Thankfully, the Italians have become very, very good at making "proper" pizzas. You can keep your mass produced PJ and Domino muck. Once you have sat back at a bar in Italy with a Campari and orange (freshly squeezed) and a slice of pizza with just tomato, buffalo mozzarella and some fresh basil leaves, the world passes by in bliss.

Domino's most definitely consider their pizza to be American not Italian.

What I find nice and ironic is the use of the word "Papa" to sound more Italian. However, "Papa" means "Pope", not "Daddy". That would be "Papà".

Pope John's Pizzas. Really makes me cross.

What I find nice and ironic is the use of the word "Papa" to sound more Italian. However, "Papa" means "Pope", not "Daddy". That would be "Papà".

I feel quite bad that your anger has just made me laugh.

Maybe just get a grip, put things into perspective and realise that people are starving and dying around the world.
But yes OP definitely glad they’re out of the USSR now.

They just brought out a ltd edition.
The Papa John 23rd.
It’s got 23 toppings

Back
Top Bottom