Panel Representatives 2022-23

Good to see.
A wide representation of supporters.
Good luck to them.

What, no @Essexyellows on the panel?

First up - well done them for volunteering.

In response to your "tag" that would be rather hypocritical when I don`t think it is even needed as the club employs a Supporter Liaison Officer who anyone can contact directly. 🤷‍♀️

There are also organisations like the FSA (member) and OxVox (member) should I ever need advice, support or otherwise.

Neither am I a fan of unelected quango`s that exist for no apparent reason other than ticking a box after a Government report, in this case, the Crouch report, - see enough of that at work thanks.

And finally said cabal is a handful of people that could utilise their skills and efforts in far better ways.

Last edited:
Congratulations @Scotchegg!

Thank you, and I'm very pleased to be part of OUSP and will do my very best to represent everyone equally.

I appreciate that I may not be everyone's cup of tea on here, but I think that my passion for everything Oxford United is evident to all and I want to be able to use that to create something positive.
I recently met with the panel and they are all really good people who care about the club and do a huge amount of work behind the scenes that isn't always seen but does make a real difference.

As with everything, communication is key.
I'd like to use my position on here to raise the profile of the Supporters Panel. If anyone has an issues that they would like raising directly with the club then I'm more than happy to collate them via this forum and will happily respond with the outcomes although I can not guarantee that we will get the answers we want, when we want them. As an example, I heard everyone questioning when the direct debit situation would be sorted but no one had contacted the club or OUSP directly. Although I hadn't been approved at that point, I emailed Adam Benson and got a response within the hour that I was able to share on here, and hopefully those lines of communication can only get better.

I will continue to post on all topics on here, and my views, as always, are mine alone and won't represent the views of OUSP unless specifically stated. However, I do feel that I maybe need to slightly moderate what I post, and more importantly, how I post as watch this space for the new and improved Scotchegg!!!

Thank you, and I'm very pleased to be part of OUSP and will do my very best to represent everyone equally.

I appreciate that I may not be everyone's cup of tea on here, but I think that my passion for everything Oxford United is evident to all and I want to be able to use that to create something positive.
I recently met with the panel and they are all really good people who care about the club and do a huge amount of work behind the scenes that isn't always seen but does make a real difference.

As with everything, communication is key.
I'd like to use my position on here to raise the profile of the Supporters Panel. If anyone has an issues that they would like raising directly with the club then I'm more than happy to collate them via this forum and will happily respond with the outcomes although I can not guarantee that we will get the answers we want, when we want them. As an example, I heard everyone questioning when the direct debit situation would be sorted but no one had contacted the club or OUSP directly. Although I hadn't been approved at that point, I emailed Adam Benson and got a response within the hour that I was able to share on here, and hopefully those lines of communication can only get better.

I will continue to post on all topics on here, and my views, as always, are mine alone and won't represent the views of OUSP unless specifically stated. However, I do feel that I maybe need to slightly moderate what I post, and more importantly, how I post as watch this space for the new and improved Scotchegg!!!
Good for you taking on the role. First job can be speaking to the club about all of these shirt auctions and seeing if they can change some of them to raffles so that fans without the disposable cash to spend stupid amounts of money to secure items at least have a small chance of winning... One of my bugbears 😁

Good for you taking on the role. First job can be speaking to the club about all of these shirt auctions and seeing if they can change some of them to raffles so that fans without the disposable cash to spend stupid amounts of money to secure items at least have a small chance of winning... One of my bugbears 😁

Completely agree so more than happy to take that forward!

I think a massive thing while there is so much good that seems to be going on at the club and it seems there is a positive outlook towards the club, can we please get clarification on the SLO’s role?
If the club our going to have this role in place then they need to be visible so new and old fans know where to go to if they have an issue. Something that Sarah got right when she was in the role.
At the moment you wouldn’t even realise the club had a SLO!

It feels a little like the SLO role has been tagged alongside the Head of Operations role which is a full time role and very busy on matchdays. I know Andy Taylor, and he's a decent guy, but I think that his work is spread too thin at the expense of the SLO work.

I would hope that the Supporters Panel will be able to work with Andy and the club to share some of the burden away from games. I do however think that it needs a dedicated role on matchdays and the club may need to consider if others can assist or whether they need to recruit specifically for this role.

It feels a little like the SLO role has been tagged alongside the Head of Operations role which is a full time role and very busy on matchdays. I know Andy Taylor, and he's a decent guy, but I think that his work is spread too thin at the expense of the SLO work.

I would hope that the Supporters Panel will be able to work with Andy and the club to share some of the burden away from games. I do however think that it needs a dedicated role on matchdays and the club may need to consider if others can assist or whether they need to recruit specifically for this role.
What ever his role is, I think it needs to be communicated to the fans and there should be a clear way of communicating with the club through social media and on a match day. It might mean bringing another person in to do this job as it does require full time hours of it is done properly.
Going back to when Sarah was in the job, she was that on top of what people were saying on social media it stopped a lot of conspiracy theories and fans becoming restless with the club.

What ever his role is, I think it needs to be communicated to the fans and there should be a clear way of communicating with the club through social media and on a match day. It might mean bringing another person in to do this job as it does require full time hours of it is done properly.
Going back to when Sarah was in the job, she was that on top of what people were saying on social media it stopped a lot of conspiracy theories and fans becoming restless with the club.

I've not met with the club in any OUSP capacity and only had a brief catch up with the other panel members over Teams, so I'm not sure of any historical conversations but will ask.

One thing I do know is that people close to the club have described it as aspiring to be run as a top 30 club but run like a Sunday league side at times. We have good people behind the scenes, but it feels like they're all doing several jobs or bit parts of really important roles.

Some of this can be addressed by better planning, sharing the burden between the club and supporter representatives and better communication. Other things may need better investment in match day staffing and infrastructure, but thats not easy when we are already losing millions a year.

It's certainly something that I'm happy to take forward.

Andy Taylor is very approachable and will deal with any request you have if it pertains to his job.

Andy Taylor is very approachable and will deal with any request you have if it pertains to his job.
I don’t doubt that Bazzer but at the same time, most fans wouldn’t even realise Andy is the SLO or how to contact him. That’s the point.

I don’t doubt that Bazzer but at the same time, most fans wouldn’t even realise Andy is the SLO or how to contact him. That’s the point.
Then that’s something Scotchers and the OUSP can do before the new season starts. He is a nice bloke and is hard to miss.

First up - well done them for volunteering.

In response to your "tag" that would be rather hypocritical when I don`t think it is even needed as the club employs a Supporter Liaison Officer who anyone can contact directly. 🤷‍♀️

There are also organisations like the FSA (member) and OxVox (member) should I ever need advice, support or otherwise.

Neither am I a fan of unelected quango`s that exist for no apparent reason other than ticking a box after a Government report, in this case, the Crouch report, - see enough of that at work thanks.

And finally said cabal is a handful of people that could utilise their skills and efforts in far better ways.

Plus ce change as they say.......

Right then, right now.

Lovely interlude on a far off isle, ST renewed and ready to move into the new EYTowers in the county. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom