OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

I’m disappointed that the communication has been so poor. Not too much to ask for regular updates, even if it is just on this thread.

I am a bit surprised by the lack of communication but for what ever reason OxVox do seem to have gone very quiet since the change in personal who look after the group.

I also think that due to a lack of communication/clarification on the whole project that funding is at a lower level than if it was a lot clearer to what fans were paying for.

In which case this project really needs to come to light now and get done if people have paid money towards it and yet there is still silence. It doesn't make OxVox look good unfortunately.
I agree.
The original plan was to have it ready by the new season?
The target was reached what 3 weeks or so ago?
The lack of updates especially for those who contributed is poor

As a collective representative body the committee have failed to carry out the democratic decision of the supporters. There are some on the committee who didn’t like the final decision claiming that the majority of voters didn’t know what they were voting for. Clearly not all the supporters of the club voted so it’s not a true representation of the overall fan base.

Because the committee cannot agree, then the only solution is to have a new committee elected. However some on the committee are scared that they will not get re-elected if there is a new election. Others say the whole situation is just too difficult, wish it would go away, and the original decision should be overturned and hope nobody notices.?

As a collective representative body the committee have failed to carry out the democratic decision of the supporters. There are some on the committee who didn’t like the final decision claiming that the majority of voters didn’t know what they were voting for. Clearly not all the supporters of the club voted so it’s not a true representation of the overall fan base.

Because the committee cannot agree, then the only solution is to have a new committee elected. However some on the committee are scared that they will not get re-elected if there is a new election. Others say the whole situation is just too difficult, wish it would go away, and the original decision should be overturned and hope nobody notices.?

Brilliant, I have become Theresa May ! :eek:
(Full Muralexit update due out today ?)

Are Corbyn and Swinson on the committee?

Well at the begining of September the mocked up versions were going to be put back to fans to decide.
I have to say as an early contributor (one of the few) I am pretty disappointed with the time this has taken.
I am also a contributor and the update that I've just received from Oxvox does provide a reasonable explanation re the time taken. I suspect they will provide that update on this forum later. Let's remember that these folk are doing this 'gratis'.

I am also a contributor and the update that I've just received from Oxvox does provide a reasonable explanation re the time taken. I suspect they will provide that update on this forum later. Let's remember that these folk are doing this 'gratis'.
my Oxvox email update just arrived ... agree with what @Wallop says above ^^ ....OxVox committee members do their stuff, on behalf of the Ox Vox membership ( & by default oufc fanbase in general) on a voluntary basis ... sometimes things take a bit longer than hoped to bear fruit, so to speak

In regard to the latest update from Oxvox they would do well to follow their own advice to the club and improve their communication with the fans.
As for having another vote I am now convinced that my earlier post was correct and both Corbyn and Swinson are on the committee.
Why do they not just get on with it and do what we voted for in the first place. The way this is going it won't be finished in my lifetime.

Because a single vote separated 2 options. It's not difficult.

Sensible decision imo.

Back
Top Bottom