OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

I want to fool the people, where do I stand?

It was a trick question, the stewards made me sit.

There must be some excellent grainy old photos out there of Gary Briggs... He always looked like a warrior and he is one face that would probably lend itself to any mural.

I confess I’ve not contributed because quite simply I liked the concept but dont really support the offering of photos.

I said from the beginning it would be great to have the ultras involved and ultras style flags replicated as were hung there before.

I think it’s a big miss and I think Oxvox would be impressively strong to go out and ask fans now if they’d prefer photos of players or a mural akin to the ultras displays.

Reading this article from Karl this morning I can’t help but think something reflecting our rich history as a beautiful city such as a yellow and blue silhouette of the skyline would have been good (dr Jimmy / love and pride is a graphic designer I believe )

Ps agree with points about it being odd that fans are asked to fund this. It wouldn’t be an issue if the ultras had been supported.

Final point: big credit to Oxvox for all they do and for trying to drive this. Despite my points above I know they give up the hours and can’t please us all

Very disappointing that less than 200 of our 1000 Oxvox membership or the wider 6000ish fan base have contributed to this excellent Oxvox initiative over the last 6 weeks☹️ Still £1000 need?

no surprise when you read the views of people on here, think Oxvox have missed a trick with this....

Have the stadium company limited in any degree what can go on there in terms of how it looks? I have no clue either way.

It’s a poor response from our fan base. Regardless of whether the images would be your personal choice or not, what is being offered is better than the plain and mundane stand we have now. Worth a few quid of anyone’s money in my view and I’d urge fans who are yet to contribute to spare a few bob if they can afford it.

I was surprised that such little has been given, but I am glad some people have given what they can and regardless of perception, we can enhance the stadium for the first time in ages.

I was surprised that such little has been given, but I am glad some people have given what they can and regardless of perception, we can enhance the stadium for the first time in ages.
OxVox have, so far this season, been less high profile than previously- hopefully thatll change now August / holiday season is all but over?

If the oxvox committee all took a bucket and collected at the turnstiles we would have got the monies by now, the defib collection today was also happening at half time in the stands...poor show in my view and making something relatively easy to do difficult...and before people criticise , i have donated

Back
Top Bottom