OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

They have raised £5,715 of the £7,000 asked for. So pretty good so far, but still not there yet. Which is pretty good considering the pall of negativity that has been following it around.
I don't think there is any negativity at all for the concept, just the implementation, so far.

Will Oxvox make up the difference if the target is not achieved?

Also, why haven’t they listened to fans opinions on the subject?

Represent the minority, ignoring the vast majority.

A supporters group out of touch with the fan base.

ive asked this of them a few times and they haven't responded... im sure i remember seeing them have a nice little warchest of upwards of £6/7k - are they putting any money into this project? is the total cost £7k or much higher and the £7k funds the gap? would be nice if they would elaborate more.

I don't think there is any negativity at all for the concept, just the implementation, so far.
I can't be the only that read on here and other places and thought shall I bother as there was such a level of complaining, over and above the normal queries.

I don't think it can be classed as complaining when people are just making suggestions for how things could have been done better, if that's the case then this forum is dead.

I don't think it can be classed as complaining when people are just making suggestions for how things could have been done better, if that's the case then this forum is dead.
Yes its complaining, it's an Oxford area thing. Let's someone else try and get something done then pick holes in it while doing didly squat yourselves. Less than 200 contributors is pretty poor even for the Oxford area IMO

Last edited:
Ah okay so everywhere else in the country they would have just handed over money for this without questioning any of it or making suggestions on how it could be hugely more effective.

In that case i'm definitely from Oxford and proud.

Yes its complaining, it's an Oxford area thing. Let's someone else try and get something done then pick holes in it while doing didly squat yourselves. Less than 200 contributors is pretty poor even for the Oxford area IMO
Nope - not complaining for the sake of it. A couple of people have bothered to make their own suggestions and put them up on here so not 'diddly squat' either. If OxVox are going to spend their (or our, if you are a member or a contributor) money on this then surely some sort of discussion about what it should actually look like (wider than the option 1,2,3 in style 1,2,3) is a GOOD thing? After all, it's going to be up there for at least a month until we move into the new stadium!
Mind you as an East Stander, I suppose I won't have to look at it...

Try constructive criticism. Do you want any old picture up there, or the best it can be?
Usual oufc supporter settling for mediocrity [emoji6]

There seems to be more people willing to comment than contribute.

Oxford United supporters have continually dipped their hands into their pockets for superb fan-led initiatives. OxVox have been brilliant in setting this up, much like previous projects they did, inc raising money for season tickets for 50 disadvantaged children, raising monies to send kids and coaches to Wembley for the JPT, the Yellow Army Fund in it's original guise - raised £60,000 ................, sorting out the new sensory rooms, we've have had fans donate their Roofe shirts and other precious items for the Trust to auction/raise money for.

The Trust also has a pot of money that should be used for projects like this & they may well decide to use some of it. Membership already invest in fees, making our Trust one of the better ones in the country.

I saw last week, one of the clubs main sponsors, Polythene, kindly donated £1000 to the Mural project. Huge thanks to them.

Might not be unreasonable to expect the football club to donate a significant something bearing in mind, this is for their equal benefit.

I'd be willing to donate towards the project if there was a finalised design that was going to be used. So far it seems very wishy washy with what design will be used and it seems like OxVox aren't actually listening to a lot of the fan base on what they want to see.

They seem to be ignoring the calls for an ultra style design in favour of several iconic pictures that, on their own would look great. Put together for a murual I don't think it would look as effective or bright as a simpler design would.

I'd be willing to donate towards the project if there was a finalised design that was going to be used. So far it seems very wishy washy with what design will be used and it seems like OxVox aren't actually listening to a lot of the fan base on what they want to see.

They seem to be ignoring the calls for an ultra style design in favour of several iconic pictures that, on their own would look great. Put together for a murual I don't think it would look as effective or bright as a simpler design would.

I agree I would want ultra style behind the goal then start another fund for the iconic pictures to be dotted around the concourses.

DqxkXZbWwAAWyIR

I like what Bournemouth have at the ends of each stand - large images on the inside panels.

Back
Top Bottom