OxVox Mural at the Kassam Stadium

Okay, but still not said what you think is drivel, or your preference.
No more to be said on the issue.

Apart from the design that I said I really like u mean ? Or would u like a detailed list of my preferences in order ?

Remember the reaction to the “wonky” trophy sign on the south stand upper? When it was actually straight but the trophy base being slightly below the year created an optical illusion.

a4bda9e6-4728-458c-9a8c-2bda565d8bcc-jpeg.1633

Here’s my go. Keeping it purely yellow and blue whilst keeping in some great images/ memories
This is all good stuff, hope it fits with oxvox thinking for the voting proposals

I think you could have some photos, but they need to be as part of a design. Here's something to show what I mean.

View attachment 1631

Would that be able to be split up and go in other parts of the stadium if necessary as individual pieces, as I believe that is what is needed based on OxVox's email?

My interpretation is that each board would effectively have to be discreet artworks so could go elsewhere. Purely on that the "come on you yellows" may be too big.

Last edited:
Would that be able to be split up and go in other parts of the stadium if necessary as individual pieces, as I believe that is what is needed based on OxVox's email?

My interpretation is that each board would effectively have to be discreet artworks so could go elsewhere. Purely on that the "come on you yellows" may be too big.
Well the idea in my head was that the end bits and the photo areas were all separate boards. So if there needed to be advertising, you could replace (say) one or two of the photos with the advertising (preferably in a similar format to keep the background continuous). Yes, the middle bit would have to be more than one board, so if it had to be removed from the stand then it would have to go somewhere else suitably long. The fence for example? If the idea is to have 12 completely separate boards with no continuity between then in case they are reused somewhere else, then I am afraid that it's going to look bitty whatever photos are selected. Even if we had to do that, I wouldn't butt the photos up against each other, I'd have smaller connecting boards between them with a motif that ran all the way along so they were tied together. Too late now, but maybe I'l do a mock up tomorrow so you know what I mean.

Who has said u cant . If u asked 7000 fans what they would like on this u would get 7000 different answers.

You might get 7000 different answers/photos, but there might be a theme. I’d prefer it to look like the flags the ultras did or the one proposed by thegrumpyporter.

Last edited:
Just under 2k in 24 hours is an impressive total.

Slightly disappointed that there have only been 67 contributors though.

seeing some of the mock ups on here, they look awesome! but has got me thinking - from the image of the east stand it is rather "dark/shaded" up at the back, any sort of greyscale/light design might be lost certain times of the year, just a thought....

;)

Well the demounted boards could in theory go along the back of the NS but the best place would be above the fence at the fence end. Would only be a problem when the 4th stand is built. Everyone in the stadium could see the display then.;)

Out in Spain on a jolly at the moment so excuse the fact that several "spanish measures" have been consumed. Looking at various posts on here and then referring back to the email from Oxvox, it is clear that there is a disparity between what has been planned and what is being suggested.
"We will pick three available pictures from each point in our history and fans will be able to vote online for their favourite in each section."
That is the "offer" from Oxvox. Clearly, from opinions on here, that is not what is envisaged and I, and Mrs Lounger concurs, that is not what ought to make the voting stage. (we have discussed this over several glasses and tapas, we know what we are talking about)
It needs, in my opinion, expert advice in what will or will not work, given the position and limitations involved. Personally, I don't hold with the individual photograph scenario. Big, bold and basic colour will have the best effect. Most, if not all, will remember that, now, iconic image of an Ox skewering a robin from that match against the lot from up the road. The unfurling of that banner right across the East stand was perfect. Simple image, bold colours and a message that all understood.
That's what this needs. We have iconic images of historical moments displayed around the ground already. Lets have an image that WE can identify with in an instant. I think @ZeroTheHero got it right. Just the technicality of the movable parts has to be overcome. However, aside from the Oxford Mail, when has anyone wished to advertise anything in that part of the stadium? Theoretically, whatever goes up will have to have an option of being moved but, that is in theory only.

Out in Spain on a jolly at the moment so excuse the fact that several "spanish measures" have been consumed. Looking at various posts on here and then referring back to the email from Oxvox, it is clear that there is a disparity between what has been planned and what is being suggested.
"We will pick three available pictures from each point in our history and fans will be able to vote online for their favourite in each section."
That is the "offer" from Oxvox. Clearly, from opinions on here, that is not what is envisaged and I, and Mrs Lounger concurs, that is not what ought to make the voting stage. (we have discussed this over several glasses and tapas, we know what we are talking about)
It needs, in my opinion, expert advice in what will or will not work, given the position and limitations involved. Personally, I don't hold with the individual photograph scenario. Big, bold and basic colour will have the best effect. Most, if not all, will remember that, now, iconic image of an Ox skewering a robin from that match against the lot from up the road. The unfurling of that banner right across the East stand was perfect. Simple image, bold colours and a message that all understood.
That's what this needs. We have iconic images of historical moments displayed around the ground already. Lets have an image that WE can identify with in an instant. I think @ZeroTheHero got it right. Just the technicality of the movable parts has to be overcome. However, aside from the Oxford Mail, when has anyone wished to advertise anything in that part of the stadium? Theoretically, whatever goes up will have to have an option of being moved but, that is in theory only.
^^^^^. This. And no tapas involved.

Hanging the flags across the back wall originally came from fans begging for some more yellow in the stadium. Unfortunately I don't think the photographs look like they'll be adding much colour at all. I would also vote for a predominantly yellow mural of some kind.

Doesn't anybody know of an artist who would be willing to offer their time and expertise for this as that may give OxVox an option?

40% of the target raised so far with 94 supporters. A great amount raised by so few. I’m a little disappointed more fans haven’t been able to spare a few quid if I’m honest.

40% of the target raised so far with 94 supporters. A great amount raised by so few. I’m a little disappointed more fans haven’t been able to spare a few quid if I’m honest.

I imagine people are either waiting for payday or for more details of the final image to emerge.

I imagine people are either waiting for payday or for more details of the final image to emerge.

agreed, im sure alot more people will be willing/able to donate once the actual images are released and or/the immenent pay day coming up.

i wonder how much of the Oxvox "slush fund" is also being used for this, i.e. is the £7k the total cost or a "topup" that oxvox need to cover the total costs.

Back
Top Bottom