OxVox mid-April update

I should like to say thank you to Oxvox for all the work you and past committees have done. This is because I am very upset at the cost of a pensioners ticket foe next Tuesday game £24.00. I would like Oxvox to take it to the united that they have lost 2 old supporters. I quite happily paid my season ticket last year and paid for most away games on I-Follow.

I should like to say thank you to Oxvox for all the work you and past committees have done. This is because I am very upset at the cost of a pensioners ticket foe next Tuesday game £24.00. I would like Oxvox to take it to the united that they have lost 2 old supporters. I quite happily paid my season ticket last year and paid for most away games on I-Follow.
I think, if you get allocated tickets via the ballot,after applying , when it comes to paying for a playoff ticket, then the price will be adjusted?

You really need to read the article on the web site properly.

Pricing

Ticket prices automatically appear as the adult price when processing the application. The correct concessionary price will be applied and charged if you are successful in the ballot.

As Sarge has said, prices will be adjusted. Also, these games don't come around very often. I've been supporting since 1983 and have only seen promotion campaigns in 84, 85, 96, 2010 and 2015 (I think) and can now add 3 playoff appearances.

I'd really think about missing this opportunity and hope that your able to find a way to go.

I've been supporting since 1983 and have only seen promotion campaigns in 84, 85, 96, 2010 and 2015
You've also seen 5 relegations so in the best part of 40 years you've ended up exactly where you started... 😁

Me too though, I started going regularly in 1980, so am also in a state of promotion/relegation balance. But I've seen a Bill Asprey team, a pleasure you will have missed out on 😂

You really need to read the article on the web site properly.

Pricing

Ticket prices automatically appear as the adult price when processing the application. The correct concessionary price will be applied and charged if you are successful in the ballot.
Unfortunately, the poster is no longer a fan having already stated that the club has lost his/her support.

A shame to see them throw away a lifetime of dedication for a few shekels and some unread words.

You've also seen 5 relegations so in the best part of 40 years you've ended up exactly where you started... 😁

Me too though, I started going regularly in 1980, so am also in a state of promotion/relegation balance. But I've seen a Bill Asprey team, a pleasure you will have missed out on 😂
It does feel like we're in an endless loop of incredible highs and heart breaking lows only to remain in exactly the same place! Some sodding journey!!!

It does feel like we're in an endless loop of incredible highs and heart breaking lows only to remain in exactly the same place! Some sodding journey!!!
That's what most football supporting is. You can't get promoted every year, you'll get relegated sometime. And then you'll end up back where you started. IMO being a football supporter is about experiencing (and hopefully enjoying most of) the journey rather than asking 'are we nearly there yet' all the time when we aren't top of the Prem!

I've spoken with Ray who posted earlier about concessionary prices. He obviously hadn't spotted that the details mentioned that the lower price would only be shown later when the cash was taken. Easily overlooked given it was some way down the page on the OWS. He's now entered the ballot.

On the 'journey', ZeroTheHero is right, of course. There is no destination! That said, the ambition to be a successful Championship club drives us on. I guess Millers fans must be the most frustrated right now, five successive seasons of relegation or promotion, what a sequence.

Off topic, but back to the other Oxvox email. Did anyone find out what / where the purchase of freehold land was in the latest OUFC accounts? It looks too low to be all of the training ground. Did the club get an extra bit to build their dedicated pavilion or whatever there?

Off topic, but back to the other Oxvox email. Did anyone find out what / where the purchase of freehold land was in the latest OUFC accounts? It looks too low to be all of the training ground. Did the club get an extra bit to build their dedicated pavilion or whatever there?
Not my area of expertise but I see the accounts refer to a figure of £270k. I'll ask around, Mark.

I've spoken with Ray who posted earlier about concessionary prices. He obviously hadn't spotted that the details mentioned that the lower price would only be shown later when the cash was taken. Easily overlooked given it was some way down the page on the OWS. He's now entered the ballot.

On the 'journey', ZeroTheHero is right, of course. There is no destination! That said, the ambition to be a successful Championship club drives us on. I guess Millers fans must be the most frustrated right now, five successive seasons of relegation or promotion, what a sequence.
Good on you for contacting Ray. I often skim or headline read when I'm in a rush so I know how easy it is to miss something (a kick off time once!). Very reassuring to know that Oxvov are providing this valuable service to it's members 😉

As Trev is kindly commenting, can you give an overview of current membership figures, AGM situation and/or committee members who are required to stand down and re-apply and accounts? Thanks Trev. Good work on the emails BTW.

As Trev is kindly commenting, can you give an overview of current membership figures, AGM situation and/or committee members who are required to stand down and re-apply and accounts? Thanks Trev. Good work on the emails BTW.
Sure. The trust membership numbers 980 at present, the accounts for the year to September 30 2020 are with our auditor for sign off, and we are planning an AGM in person ASAP, having had to cancel last year's due to covid.

Regulations from next Monday will only allow indoor meetings of up to 6 is my understanding, so the June date for the more general opening up is the absolute earliest we would be able to hold an AGM. But my guess (and I stress no final decision's been made) is that we may prefer to hold it over till pre season / early season, given that we need to run the committee election and make the necessary other arrangements. We would much prefer to do an AGM in person than via Zoom, and if it means waiting a little longer that would be my personal preference, I can't speak for everyone else on the committee.

Interestingly, it's only from Monday that we will be able to meet as a committee together on person (outdoors) given there are 9 of us!

Final point on the election, as always the one third of the committee who've been in place the longest will stand down but can reapply as a candidate if they wish, so that clearly will be 3, and we are currently one short of our full complement of 10, so >4 candidates will trigger a vote.

Thanks for the comment re the emails. We find MailChimp is pretty good at delivery though if anyone reads this and your supply of OxVox emails has dried up, please PM me and I'll check it out.

Oh, and maybe I'm allowed a little membership plug on here, if mods will tolerate it? The trust exists to represent the interests of the fans - the more fans that join the more effective the trust can be, in all sorts of ways. To sign up just visit www.oxvox.org.uk and follow the instructions on the joining page. At a tenner for three years the cost is small but your support is hugely valued.

Back
Top Bottom