Oxvox April Committee minutes

Salaghaf

Dear Oxvox,

Just received the minutes for this meeting.

Under Section 4 (stadium) I noticed the following:

"(g) Given that a more equitable solution can be found, the committee are still of the belief that Grenoble Road can be a long term and successful home for OUFC. The committee are still of the firm view that stadium and club under separate ownership is desirable."

Is this correct? Do you favour separate ownership of the stadium and club? This has perplexed me a little.

Also, there is no section "5".
Has this been omitted, or is it simply an admin error?

Thanks

Can't speak for OxVox, but preventing the stadium getting into the hands of an asset stripper is the reason I can think of.

Dear Oxvox,

"(g) Given that a more equitable solution can be found, the committee are still of the belief that Grenoble Road can be a long term and successful home for OUFC. The committee are still of the firm view that stadium and club under separate ownership is desirable."

Is this correct? Do you favour separate ownership of the stadium and club? This has perplexed me a little.

Thanks

Hi

Firstly, the ‘missing’ section 5 is an admin error and probably my fault!

The issue of stadium ownership and keeping it separate from the club, is really all about security and avoiding a property play, either in part, or in full, that ‘could’ be problematic for our football clubs future.

It’s a big and emotive subject and we’ve discussed it with members at members meetings on a number of occasions, but I appreciate it does take some explaining and is not everyone’s ‘ideal’.

If you private message me your phone number, I’ll glady give you a call and talk you through the thinking?

Be quick though, I formally step down as Chair at a committee meeting tomorrow night!

(Of course someone else will also be able to discuss in the future)

Cheers

Jem

Dear Oxvox,

Thanks

Hi

Firstly, the ‘missing’ section 5 is an admin error and probably my fault!

The issue of stadium ownership and keeping it separate from the club, is really all about security and avoiding a property play, either in part, or in full, that ‘could’ be problematic for our football clubs future.

It’s a big and emotive subject and we’ve discussed it with members at members meetings on a number of occasions, but I appreciate it does take some explaining and is not everyone’s ‘ideal’.

If you private message me your phone number, I’ll glady give you a call and talk you through the thinking?

Be quick though, I formally step down as Chair at a committee meeting tomorrow night!

(Of course someone else will also be able to discuss in the future)

Cheers

Jem

After all this time, it’s only at the very end that I find out there is an OxVox Hotline. Hope it’s not a premium rate phone call which looks somewhat embarrassing on the phone bill.

• React
Reactions: Jem
After all this time, it’s only at the very end that I find out there is an OxVox Hotline. Hope it’s not a premium rate phone call which looks somewhat embarrassing on the phone bill.

We also do ‘surgeries’ in the Blackbird on match days!!

I didn’t realise it wasn’t a complete change of committee, so glad to see there’s a continuation.

As no one else has thus far commented on ST prices, I shall

2016/2017 ST & matchday prices, Oxvox consulted and the result was decent

2017/2018 ST & Matchday ticket prices NO input or consultation with Oxox, the result sizable price hike ( especially in terms of a % of what it was the previous season!)

2018/2019 ST & Matchday ticket prices, Oxox consulted, the result Price freeze on ST's

Credit where credit is due ... when Oxvox are invited to have input and are consulted OUFC supporters, whether Oxvox members or not, benefit.

Cheers Oxvox committee, the (voluntary) work you all do is appreciated :D

Back
Top Bottom