Oxfordshire Senior Cup

Did they chose to stay BBFA or had to?

I dont know,but it's a stupid situation,you have kids clubs playing under the Oxfordshire banner,then soon as your 16,you swop to Berks and Bucks.
All the junior teams in South Oxfordshire still play in the North Berks league.
Even the Sunday teams in the UTV league,have always played in the Berks and Bucks cup.

Abingdon Utd,Abingdon Town,Didcot,Wantage,Wallingford.
All the old Berkshire teams,when they became Oxfordshire in 1974,the stayed affiliated to the Berks and Bucks league.
As they are not affiliated to the Oxfordshire FA,they are ineligible for the Senior cup.

Hardly top teams apart from didcot town. Hellenic League at best along with Oxford City Nomads etc. Just out of interest what became of Abingdon Town?

Hardly top teams apart from didcot town. Hellenic League at best along with Oxford City Nomads etc. Just out of interest what became of Abingdon Town?

Abingdon Town are in the Hellenic Lg Div 2 East. In their 1st season after rebuilding having previously dropped to the North Berks Lg. They are in the promotion battle at the moment. The standard of the opposition is very variable.

Abingdon Town are in the Hellenic Lg Div 2 East. In their 1st season after rebuilding having previously dropped to the North Berks Lg. They are in the promotion battle at the moment. The standard of the opposition is very variable.

Cheers mate, I remember their quality side in the 80s, John Harvey Lynch, Liam Herbert etc. Great side.

I was impressed with the back 4 last night, in particular no. 5. What was his name, please?

Back
Top Bottom