Oxford Utd v Wycombe Wdrs This Saturday...

Heh. No history, then.
I know all about Swindon's history. I've been supporting Oxford for over 50 years. I'm just getting a bit tired of people talking down what could become quite an attractive fixture one day.

I was in the north stand for the promotion game against Wycombe when their fans were trying to smash the internal door from their section. They were pretty vocal too. I was actually quite impressed.

Last edited:
I know all about Swindon's history. I've been supporting Oxford for over 50 years. I'm just getting a bit tired of people talking down what could become quite an attractive fixture one day.
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, you need something to spark a rivalry, and it just hasn't happened with Wycombe.

It’s a big game for us too, and another chance for us to get another 3 points towards safety, so hopefully no complacency, especially after we’ve worked hard for the last 2 games.

I was in the north stand for the promotion game against Wycombe when their fans were trying to smash the internal door from their section. They were pretty vocal too. I was actually quite impressed.
They will never be a derby

You must be mistaken, Shirley? In all the time I've seen them against Oxford or any team, never have I heard of them having "boys" as such. I'll take your word for it though.

You must be mistaken, Shirley? In all the time I've seen them against Oxford or any team, never have I heard of them having "boys" as such. I'll take your word for it though.

The only team I think tried it and got through were Villa who quickly retreated as they weren't expecting the welcoming party waiting for them the other side of the door.

It's local, that's all. Scum in town is like the enemy whereas I see Whycome as tourists. It's only a "big" game to me when something is riding on it like promotion to L1 of the Adams Park game circa 23 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom