Matches Oxford v Sheff Wed Forum inspired Sellout?

Did it at Luton in 1987 as away fans banned. Behaved impeccably and had the home fans fooled until Saunders headed a late winner to keep us up. Luckily we weren't the only Oxford fans in that section of the main stand that night.
I was there too. My then Secretary's mum had a Luton player lodging with her and through him I got a ticket. What a night.

Sarge - you can download them before you get to the game!
the chap had pre downloaded all 4 tickets .... it was the very poor wifi signal that struggled to connect, and then subsequently the turnstile operators device was also struggling with wifi ... result 5 min or so delay at the turnstile,

anyone can download in advance as much as they like, however if , when they go to access said downloads the wifi signal is poor/ non exsitant / sporadic attempting to access those downloads is problematic at best, and impossible at worst

Boosting/ increasing the wifi signal at the breeze block is an absolute must IMP

the chap had pre downloaded all 4 tickets .... it was the very poor wifi signal that struggled to connect, and then subsequently the turnstile operators device was also struggling with wifi ... result 5 min or so delay at the turnstile,

anyone can download in advance as much as they like, however if , when they go to access said downloads the wifi signal is poor/ non exsitant / sporadic attempting to access those downloads is problematic at best, and impossible at worst

Boosting/ increasing the wifi signal at the breeze block is an absolute must IMP
If they are pre downloaded, you don’t need WiFi or signal. They are on your phone and saved, so I doubt he had downloaded them at all. It’s easy to either save them to the ‘wallet’ on your phone or simply screenshot them so they are in your photos. It’s not very clever to try and download them at a turnstile tbh, it’s asking for problems.

If they are pre downloaded, you don’t need WiFi or signal. They are on your phone and saved, so I doubt he had downloaded them at all. It’s easy to either save them to the ‘wallet’ on your phone or simply screenshot them so they are in your photos. It’s not very clever to try and download them at a turnstile tbh, it’s asking for problems.
only saying what I saw .... the fella with 3 youngsters was having issues getting each of his 4 tickets up on his hand held device....and the 'reading' device operated by the turnstile chap had 5 or 6 (maybe more?) attempts at reading each electronic ticket.... it did get there in the end ,.... but it was a 5 or so min delay / process time

only saying what I saw .... the fella with 3 youngsters was having issues getting each of his 4 tickets up on his hand held device....and the 'reading' device operated by the turnstile chap had 5 or 6 (maybe more?) attempts at reading each electronic ticket.... it did get there in the end ,.... but it was a 5 or so min delay / process time
I imagine he hadn’t pre downloaded them and was struggling to download them, the phone signal around the stadium is pretty poor on some networks so will struggle to download anything. Bit silly to turn up to a stadium and rely on having phone signal to download them at the gates, although I know it’s easy to forget to do it beforehand.

Not sure about the readers and there signal but i use my phone every week and have never had an issue luckily. I know they can struggle to read the QR codes if the screen isn’t bright enough or is damaged in any way though. People need to get used to it though, in this day and age there is no need for the majority to have paper tickets(exceptions apply of course).

I imagine he hadn’t pre downloaded them and was struggling to download them, the phone signal around the stadium is pretty poor on some networks so will struggle to download anything. Bit silly to turn up to a stadium and rely on having phone signal to download them at the gates, although I know it’s easy to forget to do it beforehand.

Not sure about the readers and there signal but i use my phone every week and have never had an issue luckily. I know they can struggle to read the QR codes if the screen isn’t bright enough or is damaged in any way though. People need to get used to it though, in this day and age there is no need for the majority to have paper tickets(exceptions apply of course).
I tend to be one of those :rolleyes: ;)

Chelsea away - 1988 - terracing closed due to misbehaviour, about 20 of us were in the Matthew Harding stand when Leworthy scored.............. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Trying to convince the brother-in-law and nephew to come along to the SWFC game but will need to go in the posh seats!
Which stand was the Matthew Harding stand! If it was opposite to the 3 tier stand I was in there with 3 others and a Chelsea fan.

I also attended that Chelsea game. I got tickets from the Stan Flashman ticket agency; none of yer internet gubbins back then, I actually had to ring them up. I was in the three-tiered stand where I sat next to a man who looked like Cyclops.

I also attended that Chelsea game. I got tickets from the Stan Flashman ticket agency; none of yer internet gubbins back then, I actually had to ring them up. I was in the three-tiered stand where I sat next to a man who looked like Cyclops.
Stan Flashman, the world's best named ticket tout and owner of Barnet for a long while! I wonder what the FA ownership criteria test would make of that nowadays?

We got our tickets from a ticket agency in Harrods booked by phone and collected on the day which was different to my normal shopping experiences.

Bringing an extra 10 for this one! COYY

Excellent work not just for encouraging others to attend but for somehow managing to keep this on topic!

All interesting points, but any chance we can keep to talking about driving up attendance for the Sheffield Wednesday game?

On the back of the fantastic news yesterday, and hopefully ahead of positive news with the ownership, this is a great opportunity to show how much support this club has throughout the county and beyond.

Also, if Brannagan is in any doubt about where his future lies, let's have 10,000 home fans chanting his name. We may also have one or two new signings too, or extended deals for others.

So many reasons to get out in numbers and show our support.

(Or we could just chat about Chelsea in the '80's!!!)

Back
Top Bottom