Matches Oxford v Sheff Wed Forum inspired Sellout?

Enjoy.....

Very cool - found myself pretty sharpish.

Display looked good today too - thanks to those who did all the work on that. I’d be happy to chip in money again.
11b5b535142d8557b18bf54b29985bc9.jpg

That looks awesome image a standing end with 5.000 more fans in then we will be going somewhere .

There'll be 2 maybe 3 more at the Pompey game ....my dad will be match fit, my middle granddaughter is going to that one ....maybe my youngest son too

2 next to me were missing today in the east stand, guessing they are season ticket holders. Do they count towards the attendance still if they dont turn up?

Did a check late last night, and another 200 since 11am yesterday, leaving us at just over 7,600 home sales. This is still 200 ahead of Morecambe at the same stage and higher than the total final home sales of all games bar Morecambe and Cheltenham.

Another 900 needed to hit the target and as I said previously we normally sell at least 700/800 on the Friday and Saturday before a game. We should be looking to top the 8,000 mark by the end of today leaving 500 on the day sales, which is about normal. With the way sales have gone so far I think we'll make it to 10,000, but only just!
Just putting this out there!

Excellent effort from all involved today. I spoke with a family of 4 who were at their first game and will be back for Pompey. Also heard many more talking up their first experience and how they'll be back. Let's keep this up! Pompey should be another 10k+ then we may need to push things a little more to match that against Bolton, Cambridge, Burton and beyond.

Love this quote from the Owls forum, they really do hate Darren Moore.

No disrespect but these are professional footballers, if the manager, who is clueless, asks a player to play left back he’s not asking them to open the batting for Yorkshire.
I agree about Johnson though, the poor sod is not a defender and he plays him in defence, Moore must hate him.

Last edited:
We've seem loads of posts talking about our attendance and atmosphere, and how both could be better.

So why not start 2022 with some real positivity. Let's use the power of this forum to not only sell out against Sheffield Wednesday in 3 weeks, but to help make it the best experience possible to keep those fans coming back.

Bring the kids, bring the wider family. Your mates, those you work with. The bloke in the pub who's always banging on about football but never goes to games. Those who went to games years ago but have lost the habit. Anyone and everyone let's pack out the stadium with fans new and old.

But we also want to get the place bouncing. Three weeks is a decent amount of time to look at organising a fans zone, or to get the new ultras on board with displays. But every one of us can help to make the atmosphere what it is once inside the ground. It doesn't need to be overly complicated. Didn't we once get "Jim Smiths Yellow Army" sung for hours away at Rushden?! When you get thousands of people together as one, then anything and everything is possible.

@Malc @eaststandboy and @SteMerritt - do you think we can drive this on here? @OUSP Secretary is there anything we can do to support a fans zone for this game? @Colin B fancy some dot counting to show progress?
Well done Scotchegg on this.
A 10k crowd with only 1400 odd away fans was excellent

Love this quote from the Owls forum, they really do hate Darren Moore.

No disrespect but these are professional footballers, if the manager, who is clueless, asks a player to play left back he’s not asking them to open the batting for Yorkshire.
I agree about Johnson though, the poor sod is not a defender and he plays him in defence, Moore must hate him.

giphy.gif

Came from the east stand and ran over to the Sheffield wednesday fans. Could of been one of theirs as he wasn't wearing any yellow and blue. Rest of the crowd was brilliant though.
It was after we scored our winner so an odd reaction if he’s an Owls fan. Life ban required.

Came from the east stand and ran over to the Sheffield wednesday fans. Could of been one of theirs as he wasn't wearing any yellow and blue. Rest of the crowd was brilliant though.

Plainly goading them so that wouldn't make sense.

I wondered if he was a Blade.

Dickhead in any case.

Back
Top Bottom