Oxford v QPR Milk Cup final

Peterdev

I don’t usually read the Daily Mail, however, for incense there is almost a full page report on the game from Michael Page on P16....good article talking about the run up to the day etc

A great day, although for 30 minutes a pretty tedious match. But after that..... fantastic memories.

Everyone played with smiles on their faces. QPR were never going to win at that at 0-1 down. Nearly 33 years gone since that great day

I don’t usually read the Daily Mail, however, for incense there is almost a full page report on the game from Michael Page on P16....good article talking about the run up to the day etc
Is there a link to the online version?

A good read, much better than the Daily Mail match report on 21/04/1986, I vowed never to read the Mail again after reading that, just broken my vow ?

Interesting that we are one of four teams currently in the third tier to win a major trophy in the 80s, the other three obviously being Luton, Coventry and Wimbledon (or the reincarnation of them). Portsmouth of course won the FA cup slightly more recently

A good read, much better than the Daily Mail match report on 21/04/1986, I vowed never to read the Mail again after reading that, just broken my vow ?
Yes, that report, penned by Jeff Powell, was an absolute disgrace. He couldn’t get his head out of Merseyside’s a**e and was lamenting the absence of Liverpool or Everton from the game.

I got totally rat-arsed that day, so can't remember much of the game. I do, however, remember that I kept nearly falling over and knocking into the same man, who eventually threatened to bang me one, if I did it again. My ex-girlfriend (lovely woman) had to keep propping me up. I must admit, the words 'head' and 'dick' come to mind. At the semi-final at Aston Vanilla's ground, my brother got arrested 'for trying to incite a riot', which was found not to be the case, in court.

The Villa away game was brilliant.

I slept in a temporary waiting room at Reading railway station that night. Me, some tramps and the smell of P**s. Beautiful thing, that.

I remember the party that night after we got back from Wembley in the Quarry Gate, on and on. I was working in the car factory at the time and out of the few that actually made it to work the next morning I reckon at least 70% were still sh!t faced ?

I remember getting back into Oxford station and we all started in the Nags head Hythe bridge street, is think by the time we got to the crown in corn market st none of us knew exactly how we got there.

I got totally rat-arsed that day, so can't remember much of the game. I do, however, remember that I kept nearly falling over and knocking into the same man, who eventually threatened to bang me one, if I did it again. My ex-girlfriend (lovely woman) had to keep propping me up. I must admit, the words 'head' and 'dick' come to mind. At the semi-final at Aston Vanilla's ground, my brother got arrested 'for trying to incite a riot', which was found not to be the case, in court.
Think the only person trying to start a riot that day was Villa's Paul Birch, what a scroat, goading the Oxford fans...

Back
Top Bottom