Matches Oxford v Pompey 10k+

So do we need an 18k stadium ? When we get into the championship then yes. But very few sell outs at the Kassam
Previous sales are only one factor when looking at future sales. Improve the product, improve the marketing and seize the moment. We're arguably producing the best football at the highest level since we've been at the Kassam. We have genuine Championship class players, open attacking football and a board that are looking to develop and improve every aspect of the club and it's standing within the community. Stick that in a purpose built stadium and we'll see much bigger crowds.

But that's for the future, this is about our next home game in 13 days time. Spread the word and worry about the spreadsheets after!

With respect, 10k and 11k is great. But the measures should be based on home sales, not including away fans.
I understand where you are coming from but all attendances at every match as you know includes away fans and there is no getting away with that fact. So when we eventually get in the championship our crowds will increase fortnightly based on even bigger away support. If this is at the k*ssam to start with away support will be capped like it is of today. But at the new stadium with the planned 18k the stadium will have been tailored to take into consideration away support from 1k up to 5k fortnightly giving OUFC's own support some growth from our 8.5k as of today to around 12k in future home support. Not an impossible task. Nevertheless, if we could grow our support to 11 to 12k we probably would end a season at Stratfield Brake averaging around 13 to 15k which will be reasonably successful. And from that nobody will be dissecting our average attendance then as we will be crowing at ourselves at being a club with with a home attendance average of 13 to 15k.

However, clubs like yesterday's opponents will give out there average attendance of say 21.5k and everyone states what a big club but pick the pieces and take away the away support and they are probably peddling 19k+ and from that, that already sounds and reads a little different.

Take a look at wickly Wanderers last week. They were sounding off about having a crowd of over 8k last week and have been discussing/planning for more of the same if they hit the giddy heights of the championship again...but they chose to forget that 1800 of that crowd was in fact from Oxon. But of course every fortnight if they get back to the championship will be the same. So their average attendance will no doubt be hedging around 8 to 9k every fortnight and the club will be crowing religiously about this too.

Average attendances will always include the away fans...its just that the larger clubs seem to conveniently forget the away support that's included because that's what larger clubs fans tend to do!

Unfortunately, a crowd is a crowd and if we got into the championship even at the K*ssam and were rubbish and our home support was just 7k the away support of the larger clubs would sway the average attendance still. The club would still probably have a 9k average. So measuring home support isn't always sacrosanct. Money taken from a baying away crowd is still the same money when it's banked.

As an aside yesterday, Reading had a crowd of just 10,796 with around 1k from Huddersfield giving the home support of around 9,800 but the crowd was still 5 figures and keeps Reading's average up and above 5 figures and if you spoke to any of their fans they will still say their average is x amount fortnightly irrespective of how many away fans were in attendance!

Our crowd will grow with championship football either way and money spent from whoever's pocket will be happily penciled in the club's account...but it would feel a lot lot better if the megila was heavily stacked from our supporters pockets!

Happy Easter,

COYY'S

Mark - the Newcastle Utd home FA Cup replay from 2020 is not on the spreadsheet - the gate was 11,520.

I’ll correct. I think my spreadsheet was up to end of 2019 and i didn’t think we’d had any big crowds since then due to lock down

Firstly, huge thanks to everyone who got on board with pushing and promoting yesterday's game. 10 seconds of some nugget on the pitch aside, it couldn't have gone better. Lots of new or recently absent fans were back and, helped by a great second half display, the atmosphere was excellent.

But we can't rest on our laurels with Pompey only 2 weeks away. Let's keep spreading the word, keep pushing the game in person and on social media, and just as importantly, keep your negativity elsewhere!

Back to back 10k attendances will be a real statement to local authorities about the level of support Oxfordshire has for top class football as well as helping push the team on.

Some first class for counting from @Colin B and continued support from @OUSP Secretary will hopefully help us along the way!

Let's make this happen 💛💙
Imagine if that had been your first game! Two boys of about 9 in front of me were absolutely loving it.

Still sends shivers down my spine that we gave Orient the whole of the north stand for the one of the most important games of our history… crazy decision!!

At the time the north stand had been shut to home fans for that season as crowds were so low.

At the time the north stand had been shut to home fans for that season as crowds were so low.
No reason that for one of the most important games in the clubs history it couldn’t have been reopened for home fans, and even if it wasn’t it was a dreadful decision to to give Orient the whole of the stand, not that I’m surprised they were considering who was in charge.

There were people from Oxfordshire shut out on the day, lining the fence and standing on the mound. We should never have given Orient the whole stand.
Loads of Oxford fans missed out on a ticket that day. All because of short sighted greed.

There were people from Oxfordshire shut out on the day, lining the fence and standing on the mound. We should never have given Orient the whole stand.

Can't even blame that one on Kassam. 🙄

Can we get back on to Pompey game, please ......

I know of 4 people that couldn't attend yesterday that are buying tickets for the Pompey game. I've also purchased my 2 yesterday and that second half display and the atmosphere created has made up my mind that I'm getting a season ticket next season so that will be +2 at every home game next season.

Back
Top Bottom