Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

My guess is that its got something to do with the Stadium Co or Mr Kassam himself. Thats why it hasn't happened yet.
I'm not sure thats right, last time I heard there was enthusiasm from FK as it would brighten up that part of the stadium for his corporate clients.
That might of changed now, but I expect someone from Oxvox can confirm the situation.

Have the club made it more difficult after the upside down banners upset Tiger? The tweet might suggest so.

The breeze block will be a duller place.

Sad to hear this. Thanks for all you have done.

I hope that a way can be found to continue and that the club reach out as Ricky Otto mentioned. The club talk about making the match day experience better and seemed to be making a step in the right direction with the Sports Bar. However, for me the Ultras have become an essential part of the matchday experience so the club should be doing all within their means to encourage the Ultras to continue otherwise it is a massive step back.

Whilst i have had a few issues with them (cramming 2 to a seat in the East Stand and the drum) they did a fantastic job for the club, I made several donations for projects, the best of course being the Swindon display.

I hope the same crowd still come to games and sing.

I seem to remember an entity called "Yellow Army" or something like that. Is it defunct? Could it take on some of the work? (I would not want the ideas removed from the Ultras' (or their rump's) control.)

I hope the club doesn't try to run this sort of thing themselves or we'll have another taste disaster like Sweet f*****g Caroline.

This is a bit of a hammerblow in my opinion for the atmosphere and general matchday experience. I think their influence has been severely underestimated in propping up the vibe and attracting fans to gameday.

If Tiger wanted to start winning over fans, or Niall, he’d be reaching out to find out how he could encourage them to continue.

Massive marketing tool right there.

100% agree. No, as this is football make that 110%.
This is a devestating blow to the quality of match day experiences to come over the following weeks / months / years.
And detracts from the chances of success on the field to a greater extent than perhaps some people realise. But do they care - that's a big question.

I seem to remember an entity called "Yellow Army" or something like that. Is it defunct? Could it take on some of the work? (I would not want the ideas removed from the Ultras' (or their rump's) control.)

I hope the club doesn't try to run this sort of thing themselves or we'll have another taste disaster like Sweet f*****g Caroline.

The Yellow Army is every fan (like it or not!)

It relies on fans to organise the things it does. So for "it" to take on some of the work would depend on fans in the East Stand taking on the task of putting the flags up at the back of the stand.

if you are interested in continuing the brilliant work the Ultras have done I'd suggest getting in touch with them and seeing if they'd be open to you using their flags and putting them up each game.

We appreciate the kind words. This is a group decision, and as you can imagine there are hundreds of reasons.

I can assure you all that money isn't a factor. We'll be kindly rejecting Stewarts kind offer. In the past large amounts of money have been declined from the club and other parties - in fact some quick maths tells me that we've likely turned down enough to buy a brand new hatchback.

This has been coming for a while, and whilst recent problems with the club may have helped us make this decision, it was inevitable.

A large number of us will still be there week in week out - but not having to put flags up at 9am in freezing temperatures will make us a bit happier.

UTFO.

What's wrong with Sweet Caroline (when we win)? I was a little surprised it was played after the draw at the weekend, but I guess it felt like a win?

Anyway, thanks Ultras for all the hard work over the years.

I also hope the club doesn't start trying to create atmosphere with Rosie calling out the stands pre-match, or having "official" big flag wavers like Chelsea do, goal music etc.

Have the club made it more difficult after the upside down banners upset Tiger?

I'd suggest it was the "Lies and Bow Ties"/"Lie of the Tiger" banners which caused upset. They were clearly directed at him and him alone.

I doubt he, like many, didn't twig the upside down hanging was a protest until it was explained as such....

After ten years I think it became apparent that a whole variety of factors was such that the group would never become what we all hoped it would. Combine that with vast amounts of unrequired hassle that unfortunately comes with all the work, and it becomes hard to motivate oneself to keep going when the results of the hard work seem to be going nowhere or infact backwards.

After ten years I think it became apparent that a whole variety of factors was such that the group would never become what we all hoped it would. Combine that with vast amounts of unrequired hassle that unfortunately comes with all the work, and it becomes hard to motivate oneself to keep going when the results of the hard work seem to be going nowhere or infact backwards.

Why did the group fall short of what you hoped for? Numbers?

I'd suggest it was the "Lies and Bow Ties"/"Lie of the Tiger" banners which caused upset. They were clearly directed at him and him alone.

I doubt he, like many, didn't twig the upside down hanging was a protest until it was explained as such....
A couple of lads were b*llocked by the usual culprit Saturday morning pre-match for it, including those quotes you saw earlier in this thread. This decision was made at the start of the season though, so by no means the reason for disbanding. However they've certainly made things as difficult as possible for a few years now.

Back
Top Bottom