Oxford Ultras - Over & Out

Who buys in to a loss making football club expecting to get ANY of their money back let alone ALL of it and then some? We have a history of it. The last owner we had who lost a packet that I can think of is Robin Herd.

Kassam - got all his money back and is continuing to rinse us on an annual basis
Lenaghan - got virtually all if not all his money back
Eales - has got all his money back (at least)

And over that period of time we've lost what £5 - £10 mil.

Eales must be laughing his tits off.

Disclaimer : Eales sold to who Tiger who offered him the best cash return. Best interests of the club in the next owners is debatable.

Just to clear it up. Lenagan and “merry” took on about £2 million of losses from Kassam. Then lost another £6million in the eight years of ownership.

This is all money owed by the club as it was recorded as loans to the club.

When Eales took over, that debt to WPL was reduced over a couple of years by Ensco putting money into OUFC and paying off Lenagan/ WPL to the extent of about £4Million . So Lenagan lost around £4million on the club.

In the club’s accounts the rest of the £4million of the old WPL debt is still there , but just owed to someone new ie Eales.

But last Ensco accounts showed a provision of around £2 million against that.

(Sort of) back to the original thread: Could Dave T tell us what progress has been made on the East Stand mural, now surely more important than ever?

Would be good to know what we are looking at.

You’ll be looking at some pictures of players on the back of the stands. Keep up!

Would love for Yellows Forum to help support this financial drive should it happen though.

Help to do something really positive and get a good feeling back amongst fans in doing something together and making a difference. A bit like the Jamie Cook signing but this time it’ll directly benefit us all as well as the club.

I genuinely think that if we made even MORE money than the initial target, then we should see if we can buy some yellow seats - to pick out some letters or an Ox head shape in the stands. Would give the ground some personality and I think Kassam would go for it potentially...

You’ll be looking at some pictures of players on the back of the stands. Keep up!

Would love for Yellows Forum to help support this financial drive should it happen though.

Help to do something really positive and get a good feeling back amongst fans in doing something together and making a difference. A bit like the Jamie Cook signing but this time it’ll directly benefit us all as well as the club.

I genuinely think that if we made even MORE money than the initial target, then we should see if we can buy some yellow seats - to pick out some letters or an Ox head shape in the stands. Would give the ground some personality and I think Kassam would go for it potentially...
There are some funds to help out, that's for sure.

Mmm Kassam allowing yellow seats? I would be surprised if he allowed that

Mmm Kassam allowing yellow seats? I would be surprised if he allowed that

If we paid for the seats and their instillation, I’m not sure he’d be particularly bothered. Especially now we’re not in arbitration. It’s not like the stadium is used for anything else and it may appeal to him that it looked slightly more professional. He certainly allowed the badges on the side of the stands previously too.

If a mural is placed at the back of the stand, any excess cash should be ringfenced for it's upkeep else in a few years time we will be having an eight page thread on how shabby it looks and who is responsible for sorting it out, although it will probably digress into a discussion over whether Tiger made a killing when selling the club to Chalerm Yoovidhya when a local consortium seemed favourites to buy..........

Absolutely brainless. I wish our strikers had the shooting skills that our club regularly demonstrates when aiming at its own feet.

Just to check that is 100% a club decision, nothing to do with stadco etc?

If this is down to the club it is absolutely disgusting. There must be more to this, surely?

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom