Oxford Stadium

Apparently Greyhound racing and Speedway are to return to Sandy Lane. Greyhounds are the priority because of the financial gains that brings.

Speedway could return as early as 2022.

I used to love both, and were great nights out. I miss the smell of the shale when those bikes went round.

Here’s hoping both come off.

Apparently Greyhound racing and Speedway are to return to Sandy Lane. Greyhounds are the priority because of the financial gains that brings.

I used to love both, and were great nights out. I miss the smell of the shale when those bikes went round.

heard speedway would be back next year - Oxford Cheetahs won a 3 club/ 3 meeting round robin speedway thingy on IoW last weekend

How could oxford get into the Elite League again?

How could oxford get into the Elite League again?

Im not quite sure how it works. I don’t think there is a promotion and relagation system.

So I assume you have to submit an application to the BSA British speedway association, and have everything up to scratch to hold such high profile meetings.

I remember when we won the elite league, and Kirsty Gallagher gave the trophy to us.

So many wonderful riders have come to Oxford, and none better than Hans Nielsen. Wonderful rider from Denmark.

Let’s see what happens.

Im not quite sure how it works. I don’t think there is a promotion and relagation system.

So I assume you have to submit an application to the BSA British speedway association, and have everything up to scratch to hold such high profile meetings.

I remember when we won the elite league, and Kirsty Gallagher gave the trophy to us.

So many wonderful riders have come to Oxford, and none better than Hans Nielsen. Wonderful rider from Denmark.

Let’s see what happens.
Im old enough to remember when Arne Pander, Roy Trigg and Rick Timmo were riding for the Cheetahs

Yes, always being mentioned on RadOx when we were listening on the way back home from Oxford games.

Hans Nielsen, Simon Wigg (rip) Marvin Cox, a young Martin Dugard when I first started going.

Some great riders since, Leigh Adams was absolute Class. Jason Crump, although not much of a team rider, he was a brilliant rider in his own right. Greg Hancock, another favourite of mine.

Hans Nielsen, Simon Wigg (rip) Marvin Cox, a young Martin Dugard when I first started going.

Some great riders since, Leigh Adams was absolute Class. Jason Crump, although not much of a team rider, he was a brilliant rider in his own right. Greg Hancock, another favourite of mine.
Todd Wiltshire the 'Freak' at gating. If he got out in front hardly ever got caught.
Nils K Iversen who is still in the GP series now.
Niki Pedersen for a season and a couple of years before closure Tony Rikardsson for a season.
I started going as a nipper in the 60's and then took my boys as they were growing up.
The riders were generally friendly up in the bar after the meeting, Hans Nielsen would have an 'orange juice' and a chat with you. Really nice man. Would be good to see the wheels turning again!!

Back
Top Bottom