Oxford or England?

Who do you want to see do better/care more about?

• Oxford United

• England

Results are only viewable after voting.
OUFC all day.

Both can frustrate me at times. However, I find England particularly annoying as they seem to be always playing at half tilt whenever I watch them. I don't think playing for your country has the same pull as when Gascoigne , Lineker etc where about...I dare say even when Becks, Gerrard and Scholes were playing...

OUFC over and above all

though as there is no likelihood of OUFC taking on England national team in a competitive fixture , is there any need to 'choose'?

• React
Reactions: m
You never know we did play Northern Ireland after all ;) :

are testimonial games actually deemed as competitive? after all they are fundraisinf 'friendlies' arent they? ;)

kind of answering that ^^ ... albeit as an exception... Garry 'Rambo' Briggs testimonial V Scum X1 wouldve been very 'competitive' idve thought? :oops::ROFLMAO::LOL:

s-l1600.jpg

Both at the same time. They are two different things. United are my local team that I have grown up with and will support forever. England are the national side that all should support. Since the chances of having to support either team when they play at the same time are infinitesimally small We will never have to choose.

Oxford every time. If I had the choice of us to make play offs, let alone guaranteed promotion, then I’d take that over England winning a WC. I’d go so far as to say I’d take a meaningful three points - needed for promotion or to avoid the drop - over an England WC win too. The only time an England tournament win would outstrip an Oxford win is if we, Oxford, had absolutely nothing riding on the result.

It used to be like that for me but now I have built a tolerance or my taste buds have died with age I don’t find it that hot. Had a phaal the other day that was a bit punchy, but still ok. I love spicy food though.
Great curry sketch from Who Dares Wins

If Southgate understood anything about football then the majority of the England team would be yellows anyway (with Robinson as part time assistant, pulling the strings) thus rendering this thread pointless

100% Oxford for me but then again as a Welshman I could not care less about England. Club or Country, couldn't split them although when there has been a clash I have been in Cardiff

For me im Oxford through and through but I’m also proud to be English so both give me joy and anger more joy with Oxford and England ??????? are so frustrating ?

Back
Top Bottom