Local News Oxford Mail subscriptions

Will you subscribe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what about magazines and periodicals ?

Depends on the subject, some hobby magazines are 60% adverts and 40% articles of stuff that has already been "through" social media. I`m sure there are some magazines and periodicals that retain the quality but not many.

I would add The Week to Private Eye as well, different perspective and all that.

And Whitehouse. Mary was quite rash to take on the editorship but it has to be said she made a decent fist of it.

The centrefold was perhaps ill-advised.

This subscription is to the online edition, soon you’ll need to pay to read the match reports, I guess. It would be a shame to be cut off from their football coverage but the rest of their content is terrible now, all seems to be written by trainees or possibly bots. What will happen to the gimpy fascists who leave the comments on the articles? Can’t believe their pensions will stretch to a subscription

I have the Oxford Mail delivered - have done for many years...... it arrived a bit later than usual today, however, pleasant surprise, the paperboy delivered wearing a current U's home shirt .... think I startled him when I complimented him on his choice of attire (from a safe distance).... though he did grin & say, thanks, then asked if I was missing watching the yellows? - short convo speculating on the outcome of todays EFL L1 L2 meeting followed - brightened my day up (as big Ron mightve said) early doors :)

The Oxford Mail Social Media person really needs a talking too!

They posted a link to this on Facebook: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18482152.crews-called-house-fire-oxfordshire-village/ - since the comments it has been updated.

Someone commented asking if they proof read, nothing nasty or insulting, look at the response!

The spelling and grammar on the website is awful and some of the information is inaccurate on some stories.

Bet subscriber numbers go down!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-094902.png
    Screenshot_20200529-094902.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 47

They posted a link to this on Facebook: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18482152.crews-called-house-fire-oxfordshire-village/ - since the comments it has been updated.

Someone commented asking if they proof read, nothing nasty or insulting, look at the response!

The spelling and grammar on the website is awful and some of the information is inaccurate on some stories.

It`ll be some snotty nosed YTS type apprentice "journalist".
To be honest local papers are a dead duck.
Most of them are run by Newsquest "sharing" bollox from Faceache with "grabby headlines".
The articles appear to be written by 5 year olds, so the reader/victim has to scroll through their advert infested pages to try and make sense of them, the actual "news" part is invariably in the last paragraph.
I only read our local rag for a laugh at the standards.

Heh. Clothier.

How 'insulting' was her post?

I have discovered a very easy hack for this. Open the OM article in Firefox. and save to Pocket. The Pocket version is simply the text and pictures without all the adverts.

So how many of you follow the Oxford mail football twitter or read the articles online , but won’t pay a few quid a month to pay the journalists ?

Back
Top Bottom