"Oxford Mail Stand"

Emilio

Might have just been a misunderstanding on my part, but during last night's commentary I could swear I heard one of them refer to the East Stand as "the Oxford Mail Stand", before then correcting himself and saying "or East Stand, I should say".

Does the OM no longer sponsor the stand?

Might have just been a misunderstanding on my part, but during last night's commentary I could swear I heard one of them refer to the East Stand as "the Oxford Mail Stand", before then correcting himself and saying "or East Stand, I should say".

Does the OM no longer sponsor the stand?
not for some seasons now I believe?

my old Dad refers to it as 'the new London road end ', has ever since the U's left the Manor , think hes probably the only person who does, bless him

• React
Reactions: MJB
Must be at least 15 years since the Oxford Mail sponsored the East Stand? Probably before going down to the conference?

Must be at least 15 years since the Oxford Mail sponsored the East Stand? Probably before going down to the conference?

Pretty sure it was still the Oxford Mail stand in the conference, and maybe League 2. Could be wrong though.

Didn’t John Murray get banned from the stadium by the slum landlord too?

I expect so thats probably why we have the level of journalism we do now tsun dai and cadden transfers cough cough. Ramon Diaz and the argies also got banned

The name stuck after they sponsored it for quite a while, many years ago though. I still call it the Oxford Mail stand now and again without even thinking, probably got their moneys worth from the initial sponsorship!

It could now be the............................

"Newsquest Regional Newspaper With Vacuous Clickbait Headlines Shared from other Newsquest Sites" stand..................... ? ?

Back
Top Bottom