International News Oxford ( Littlemore) Saint !

Why would local Anglicans care that he was being made a saint? Surely they don't believe in such papist things, I mean we had a civil war because of it.

Why would local Anglicans care that he was being made a saint? Surely they don't believe in such papist things, I mean we had a civil war because of it.

Me ,being a local heathen (type), its all weird to me that relgious stuff ! ... even though the 'appointment' or whatever ceremony is perfomed by chief Catholic druids to promote one of theirs to sainthood, (?) is 'non anglican' he, John Newman, apparently was a(local) Anglican before going over to the guilt ridden side more extreme of christianity ... Hes the first Brit, in modern times to be sainted, and has huge Oxford connections

recognition of 'one of our own' ....in spite of his particular beliefs... for achievements is , IMO , a good thing :)

Me ,being a local heathen (type), its all weird to me that relgious stuff ! ... even though the 'appointment' or whatever ceremony is perfomed by chief Catholic druids to promote one of theirs to sainthood, (?) is 'non anglican' he, John Newman, apparently was a(local) Anglican before going over to the guilt ridden side more extreme of christianity ... Hes the first Brit, in modern times to be sainted, and has huge Oxford connections

recognition of 'one of our own' ....in spite of his particular beliefs... for achievements is , IMO , a good thing :)

Aye but he became a traitor to the Proddie cause when he turned Papist. The poor sod set a precedent for Ann Widdecombe.

Newman was a true oxonian. He also only went to Swindon for a good laugh.

It seems this fella, John Newman, is going to be the first Brit to be bestowed with a sainthood in modern times ... he was based in Littlemore ....

I'm not sure Littlemore's reached modern times, @Sarge. According to the vicar in that article ". The knave will be made more flexible".

What a load of old shite. “Verified miracles”, my hairy choofter!

What a load of old shite. “Verified miracles”, my hairy choofter!

I think you'll find that since Pope Francis Aug. 24 (who I don;t recall being Pope) changed the rules in September 2016 miracles are indeed now verified beyond any possible doubt. The change concerned the professional secrecy of the proceedings regarding presumed miracles and hold that a supermajority of two-thirds (five out of seven, or four out of six) of the votes from members of the Medical Board must be positive for the cause to continue to the next step. Furthermore, The changes also stipulate that the medical experts will receive their remuneration only through bank transfer – not cash. Link to articule.

Wind yer neck in, you faithless hound.

I think you'll find that since Pope Francis Aug. 24 (who I don;t recall being Pope) changed the rules in September 2016 miracles are indeed now verified beyond any possible doubt. The change concerned the professional secrecy of the proceedings regarding presumed miracles and hold that a supermajority of two-thirds (five out of seven, or four out of six) of the votes from members of the Medical Board must be positive for the cause to continue to the next step. Furthermore, The changes also stipulate that the medical experts will receive their remuneration only through bank transfer – not cash. Link to articule.

Wind yer neck in, you faithless hound.

I assume they consult the Sky Pixies for further verification.

Back
Top Bottom