Oxford Half Marathon - call for sponsors

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Hey

Next month I will be running the Oxford Half Marathon alongside my wife and her friend.

At the start of the year I was struggling to run 3k, but this race is 22k!

Please sponsor us for this amazing cause, which you can find more about on our fundraising page.

Anything will be greatly appreciated and a boost to help us during the race when we are thinking "WHY ARE WE DOING THIS!"

The link is: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/VickyMarkandHannah

Many thanks

How's the training going mate? Do you have a target finish time? I'm doing Blenheim this year, need to get @Malc in the 'Mods on the run' programme ?

How's the training going mate? Do you have a target finish time? I'm doing Blenheim this year, need to get @Malc in the 'Mods on the run' programme ?
It's been hard, especially with a now 11 month baby.

Finish time, just to finish will be an achievement! But under 3 hours.

My wife did the 10k at Blenheim last year, it was a tough course!

10k in Henley tomorrow.

I've heard Blenheim is a bit hilly, Oxford is nice and flat though so I'm sure you'll smash it.

Did the Henley 10k on Sunday, the last competitive run before the big one.

Still plenty of time to sponsor, hint hint! ;)

Did the Henley 10k on Sunday, the last competitive run before the big one.

Still plenty of time to sponsor, hint hint! ;)
How was the Henley route? Considered doing it a few times, but I don't do many 10k races these days.

How was the Henley route? Considered doing it a few times, but I don't do many 10k races these days.
Really good, a bit of off road running through some woods, but the event village was great. Free tea and coffee pre and post run. A refreshment stop with water, skittles etc. Then a self service BBQ, which cost £5.

It was part of the Ultra challenge trek from Putney to Henley.

Really good, a bit of off road running through some woods, but the event village was great. Free tea and coffee pre and post run. A refreshment stop with water, skittles etc. Then a self service BBQ, which cost £5.

It was part of the Ultra challenge trek from Putney to Henley.
Have the ultras have reformed???:oops:;)

Last call for Oxford Half sponsorship. Running for Oracle Head and neck cancer, a charity who do not get much in the way of sponsorship. Head and neck cancer is the 6th most common form of cancer, yet only get 2% of funding. Please give, any amount, if you can...

P.S if I don't make it back, @Malc will be your new owner ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom