Oxford City friendly

OX14

Just seen on Facebook we have a home friendly against oxford city on Sunday 23rd August. Obviously behind closed doors, any chance their will be commentary being covered by radio Ox?

Why do we play the same shite every pre season?
Cannot see what the point is playing this sort of team unless it's mostly a young fringe squad

Why do we play the same shite every pre season?
Cannot see what the point is playing this sort of team unless it's mostly a young fringe squad
Because it helps the smaller local clubs out.

Because we have great links with them, and have used their facilities in the past.

Because it's not that much of a logistical thing to have to work out.

Because they help give game minutes to the likes of Stevens, Lofthouse, Nico Jones and others on loan.

Because if we come up against non league opposition in the FA Cup we know the sort of team we're dealing with.

Because what's the big deal? You want us to be solely playing Premier League teams? And why should they play us? We're as 'shite' to them as Oxford City are to us.

Because we have great links with them, and have used their facilities in the past.

Because they help give game minutes to the likes of Stevens, Lofthouse, Nico Jones and others on loan.

Because if we come up against non league opposition in the FA Cup we know the sort of team we're dealing with.

Because what's the big deal? You want us to be solely playing Premier League teams? And why should they play us? We're as 'shite' to them as Oxford City are to us.

I despise plastic premiershit football, my point is yes it's a game for young fringe players. But for the first team it's surely better to replicate what they will be facing in competitive games.

League two or conference would make it worthwhile, in the current circumstances with a limited pre season.

The City game is about fitness for the players, hence why it is early, like we'd play Didcot for the same reason. If it is too late in the pre-season fixture list then it becomes a fringe player/u23 fixture.

KR in the last long interview talked about block 1 of games (I think Sutton, City and Palace) being about fitness as they are all deliberately close together for that reason. The next 3 games will be about tactics, starting team etc.

yeah but apart from helping them out, the links, the facilities, the logistics, the loaning players, what have they ever done for us

Its usually played at Court Farm which helps out City with a decent crowd also you can have a pint and drink it while watching the game win win the one i look forward to every pre season( the only one i attend too) ......but you go stick with yer QPR and stuff zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyone know what time today's friendly V City is being played,.... and for that matter , if there's any coverage of any sort?

on a similar subject, werent the U18s playing Pompey U18s this morning? ( training ground presumably?) and if they did, anyone know the result?

Anyone know what time today's friendly V City is being played,.... and for that matter , if there's any coverage of any sort?

on a similar subject, werent the U18s playing Pompey U18s this morning? ( training ground presumably?) and if they did, anyone know the result?

The Ox City friendly is tomorrow I think.

If anyone's really desperate to watch some football then Reading are showing their friendly with Gillingham on their YouTube channel. Mcdonald playing for Gillingham who look dreadful compared to Reading! No sign of Jordan Graham.

If anyone's really desperate to watch some football then Reading are showing their friendly with Gillingham on their YouTube channel. Mcdonald playing for Gillingham who look dreadful compared to Reading! No sign of Jordan Graham.

Good. Would look forward to them failing this year, their fans have been pretty insufferable lately.

Also, having gone on that stream, I'm seeing recommended links to live streams of Stoke vs Burton and Stockport vs Rochdale!

Back
Top Bottom