General Oxblogger players of the 90s rundown

SteMerritt

Moderator & English Language Pedant
Staff member
Anyone else been reading Oxbloggers ratings of all players in the 90s? Been a good read, last part here...

Top 5 pretty much what you'd expect, but a few players I'd have in different places. Criminal underrating of Jimmy Phillips, who was a great player, even if the author didn't remember him.

I used to love the Phil Whitehead chant when he was taking a goal kick.. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh YOU'RE GOD oooooooh

Also looking at Ceri Evans's book he could be someone the club could use if he's ever over in the UK... All grist to the mill

Anyone else been reading Oxbloggers ratings of all players in the 90s? Been a good read, last part here...

Top 5 pretty much what you'd expect, but a few players I'd have in different places. Criminal underrating of Jimmy Phillips, who was a great player, even if the author didn't remember him.

Agreed on Jimmy Phillips. An excellent player as further proven by his career after us.

A great read. Martyn Foyle Head of Recruitment at Motherwell. Chris Cadden and Alex Gorrin, the ones that sliped through the net?

Great read , Jimmy Phillips was class at left back and chipped in with a few goals as well.
Kevin Francis too high for me but its all about opinions

Oh Kevin Francis missing that chance to put chelsea to bed and then conceding the penalty I always thought that lead to our long decline. Couldnt have happened to a nicer person!!

Oh Kevin Francis missing that chance to put chelsea to bed and then conceding the penalty I always thought that lead to our long decline. Couldnt have happened to a nicer person!!
Was never a penalty in a million years though. Shocker of a decision.

Zola was awesome that night though.

was the last game i saw at the manor.
wasn’t going to go but my dad was a steward at the time and got me and a mate tickets

Always thought that if Elliott Jackson had had the courage of his convictions, he would have saved that penalty - he went the right way, just didnt quite get there.
Where would that have put him on the list???

Even though we lost that was a cracking night. Good laugh drinking in Chelsea and then a good game. Iirc, Zola pretty much got an ovation when subbed by us Oxford fans.
Didnt Oxford fans spend most of the evening singing 'where were you when you were sh**' to prawn sandwich Chelsea supporters who didnt quite understand the song?

Didnt Oxford fans spend most of the evening singing 'where were you when you were sh**' to prawn sandwich Chelsea supporters who didnt quite understand the song?

That does ring a bell, I do remember one Chelsea fan having a tantrum at one of the chants after the game.

Back
Top Bottom