League Cup OxBlogger article on the 83/4 Milk Cup run.

SteMerritt

Staff member
The constantly good OxBlogger has put together an article on our legendary 83/4 run in the league cup, well worth a read, and a watch of the videos. What a run that was, at a time the club was about to take off into the glory years. Wow these were good days...

My first game was the home leg against Newcastle and went to all of the following home ties. 36 years later I've lost track of the number of games I've seen, the incredible highs and some devastating lows! But I was gripped from that very first moment, and that's why I get so frustrated with any suggestion that those who went to West Ham, Sunderland or are going to Man City are anything but "real" fans.

Remember that run like it was yesterday. First season when I started going every week. Never will forget how cold it was when cueing up at 3am and still was half wast down the London rd for tickets for the Man U replay. Boy was it worth it. And that back pass. I’m convinced if we had beaten Everton we would of won it that year. The comparisons with this season are scary. I wonder???

It said in the article there were no cameras at Old Trafford for our draw up there, but there most definitely were, we had the goals recorded on VHS from the evening news, wish I knew where that tape is now. Great free-kick from Brock.

It said in the article there were no cameras at Old Trafford for our draw up there, but there most definitely were, we had the goals recorded on VHS from the evening news, wish I knew where that tape is now. Great free-kick from Brock.
To go with the Brockbuster against Leeds!

Back
Top Bottom