Home Match Day Thread Ox U18’s v Bournemouth u18’s

Owen James our bests player today, skins the full back and fires just wide..

All over 3-3 cracking game. Oxford did very very well to come back from a very poor first half. Fair result.

yep, cheers @Junior_1 ... I was hoping to catch the game. Change of plans last night meant I didnt

1 nil oxford
yep, cheers @Junior_1 ... I was hoping to catch the game. Change of plans last night meant I didnt

What a pleasure to watch a game where players are tackled, get up and get on with it instead of rolling over 20 times as if they had been shot
A special to mention to Karl Robinson in the past I’ve been one of his critics, he’s changed my mind, he was watching the game and at the final whistle as the the players went into the dressing room he shook everyones hand including the Bournemouth players, fair play to you Mr Robinson. I think it’s fair to say he is committed

You can tell the goal really means something to the U18s:

Indeed!

e708add8086b300eecd710b632b19e18.jpg

1 nil oxford

What a pleasure to watch a game where players are tackled, get up and get on with it instead of rolling over 20 times as if they had been shot
A special to mention to Karl Robinson in the past I’ve been one of his critics, he’s changed my mind, he was watching the game and at the final whistle as the the players went into the dressing room he shook everyones hand including the Bournemouth players, fair play to you Mr Robinson. I think it’s fair to say he is committed

He has always been great at this, even when he was getting pelters during our very poor form.

We were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Unlike the 1st half (apart from on 1 occasion that I can remember) we got more effective balls into the box. The pressing when Bournemouth were in possession in the 2nd half was a different level compared to the 1st half and I think is what was key in getting them back into the game. Our play was so much slicker and the players showed far more energy in the 2nd half, dominating from the off. I think credit has to be given to Leon Blackmore-Such and Chris Hackett for getting them going like that.

Where Oxford do need to look at their play for the next round of the FA Youth Cup is getting caught too high up the pitch and getting stretched across the pitch. Bournemouth exploited this to create space for the excellent no.9 as their 3rd goal amply demonstrated when the Bournemouth forward outpaced our centre-half (Sampford?) with most of a half to do it.

Those who stood out for me today were Owen James, who threatened constantly in the 2nd half and never stopped running, and Spasov was an utter nuisance around the box in the 2nd half and has a good touch.

Good post ^^ the centre half’s often get caught like that from the games I’ve seen. I put it down to the full backs / wingbacks pushing on meaning the cb’s split often leaving themselves 1 on 1. Could also do with a sitting midfielder like Bournemouth had in the number 3.

Spasov is like a young hylton in the way he plays. The Bournemouth bench hated the way he way he was playing and also in the way he was winding their defence up.

IMG_0322.jpg

6 points clear at the top of the league and 1 more point needed to be champions....fantastic effort!

I don't think they actually win a Trophy as such for this stage but I think there is for the next stage (Merit Division 1).

I don't think they actually win a Trophy as such for this stage but I think there is for the next stage (Merit Division 1).
I understand this is an up to half way point through the season 'league' (in 2 games time) .... then Im not too certain who else joins in for the second half of the season, or the complexities of the league set up from there on.

Our U18s are in a good position to be in at the (nearly) halfway stage for certain :)

I understand this is an up to half way point through the season 'league' (in 2 games time) .... then Im not too certain who else joins in for the second half of the season, or the complexities of the league set up from there on.

Our U18s are in a good position to be in at the (nearly) halfway stage for certain :)

The top 6 of the South West and the South East Division join together into Merit League 1 iirc and the bottom 5 of both go into Merit League 2.

The top 6 of the South West and the South East Division join together into Merit League 1 iirc and the bottom 5 of both go into Merit League 2.
cheers @Marked Ox .... that clarifies part 2 of the U18s campaign ( in 2 games time)

Enjoyed that game.

Thought our 4 was tidy in the first half and took a bit of a kicking. We took it to them in the second and would have won in extra time. 9 was very good and 3 got better as it went on. Really good team performance by our lads. Deserved the point - the celebration on the equaliser was a joy.

Enjoyed that game.

Thought our 4 was tidy in the first half and took a bit of a kicking. We took it to them in the second and would have won in extra time. 9 was very good and 3 got better as it went on. Really good team performance by our lads. Deserved the point - the celebration on the equaliser was a joy.

9 was Owen James who was a threat throughout.

3 was Nico-Jones who was very solid throughout.

4 was McCreadie who for me was quiet as was often isolated with Chambers-Parillon in the midfield as we got overrun a bit especially in the first half.

Thanks.

Not sure if either of us is damning McCreadie with faint praise: I agree they were a bit overrun but I thought he made a fist of playing out of it in adversity, as it were. Tidy player. I'm not a relative.

Their 9 was a beast and 10 had an eye for a pass.

Back
Top Bottom