Home Match Day Thread Ox U18’s v Bournemouth u18’s

4-1 chambers again with the assist to Edwards..
U18 lost 0-3 on an artificial pitch on wed eve... playing on grass three days later , 4-1 up (so far) .... albeit a changed line up today, wondering is the playing surface a factor? what dyou think @Junior_1 ?

Full time. 4-1 Ox. Very impressive performance with only a handful of the usual lads in the team.
cheers for the updates, appreciated...shame about no team info/team sheet though

Annoying but hopefully in time it improves. I think it was Stevens x2 Crook and Edwards with the goals. Very good watch in horrible weather.

U18 lost 0-3 on an artificial pitch on wed eve... playing on grass three days later , 4-1 up (so far) .... albeit a changed line up today, wondering is the playing surface a factor? what dyou think @Junior_1 ?
I think.that we played a much classier team.on Wednesday Sarge.
Quality of opponent (specifically the Bournemouth CF) more significant than.the pitch

I think.that we played a much classier team.on Wednesday Sarge.
Quality of opponent (specifically the Bournemouth CF) more significant than.the pitch

That’s very true, however, Sarge raises a valid point. Spoke with a couple of the young lads today and they said they hated playing at Ox City which was attributed to the surface.

Anyone who went on Wednesday will have seen the ball stick and hold up in the surface. With grass, the ball would have skidded on.

Just like to say Chris, Leon and all the academy set up deserve so much credit for the way the young lads are coming through. What I love (and I’ve mentioned it before) is the way these young lads carry themselves around the pitch and off it as well. Such good lads.

Interesting that the players don't like the surface.
I thought that artificial pitches have come on leaps and bounds and have been used in CL and international games.
Having seen a few games at City's ground I am a little surprised that some players 'hate" playing on it. At least it isn't a mudbath and does encourage decent football.

The pitch at City is overused so therefore I’m very poor condition. The base used for the surface imo needs attention as it’s not playing right as I said above. Jut by watching the game on Wednesday you could see the ball holding up once or bounced and this was effecting the decision making of the players.

Also, found this link from Swansea. Now I don’t know if this was mentioned by Ox but seems a shame as people could have followed the game via it.

Excellent 5-1 win for the ‘18’s yesterday away at Southampton.

Not much coverage by Ox as per.

Spasov, Jamesx2 Lofthouse And Lopes the scorers.

These lads are the real deal and will be very useful players for us in the future .

5-1 against Southampton 18s deserves more coverage by the club, they have 1 of the best academies in the South. As bad as the present is the future looks bright.

Iirc, they usually do any match reports on the OWS on a Monday.

Cracking result.

Owen James uploaded both of his goals onto his social media, so we should have a highlights reel available on iFollow soon, as per usual.

I'd say some of these players (Lofthouse, James, Lopes) might soon be ready for a loan out next year, though it could equally be as valuable to keep them together as a squad.

Back
Top Bottom