Home Match Day Thread Ox U18’s v Bournemouth u18’s

Fair report - would have been nice to mention Owen James’s performance. The best in yellow for me and it was his shots/crosses that were being described in the report. Robinson was impressed by him so don’t be surprised to see him on the bench Saturday.

Fair report - would have been nice to mention Owen James’s performance. The best in yellow for me and it was his shots/crosses that were being described in the report. Robinson was impressed by him so don’t be surprised to see him on the bench Saturday.

My only gripe with James was his decision making. 3 or 4 times in that first half he could have played the ball a lot sooner instead of running into trouble/going for the shot, but that'll come with age. He looked very good at times.

Lofthouse, Elechi, Crooks and Spasov looked very good too. The Bournemouth lad Scrimshaw and their number 5 will be playing prem football one day, they were the difference and a cut above.

My only gripe with James was his decision making. 3 or 4 times in that first half he could have played the ball a lot sooner instead of running into trouble/going for the shot, but that'll come with age. He looked very good at times.

Lofthouse, Elechi, Crooks and Spasov looked very good too. The Bournemouth lad Scrimshaw and their number 5 will be playing prem football one day, they were the difference and a cut above.

Scrimshaw and the Bournemouth no.5 (assuming the same one) were excellent in the home league game as well.

Agree although Lofthouse didn’t have his best game and let his frustration show to much. Crooks needs to get fitter. Often withdrawn after and hour or so. Makings of a very good footballer though.

Bournemouth’s 11 was very good in the holding role if not an absolute a**e!

Scrimshaw and the Bournemouth no.5 (assuming the same one) were excellent in the home league game as well.

Believe he had the captains armband if you saw at the home game?

Agree although Lofthouse didn’t have his best game and let his frustration show to much. Crooks needs to get fitter. Often withdrawn after and hour or so. Makings of a very good footballer though.

Bournemouth’s 11 was very good in the holding role if not an absolute a**e!

No I agree, not Lofthouse's best game by a mile. Their 11 really grew into it I thought in that second half as they pushed, he had a good game.

Thought our boys did themselves proud though, and should take encouragement going into the second half of the season and get the praise they deserve.

Yes particularly in the first half, second half they ganged up two or three on him, was surprised we didn't try switching him and have him play from the right like Hall does for.us when fit.

Anyone else heading over to Abingdon Utd (11am) tomorrow as the new league kicks off to watch vs Cheltenham.

Noticed that the Ox website mentioned that a few of younger lads will be involved so will be an interesting watch.

I’ll be heading over so if the coldness allows, will chuck a few updates up on here.

Anyone else heading over to Abingdon Utd (11am) tomorrow as the new league kicks off to watch vs Cheltenham.

Noticed that the Ox website mentioned that a few of younger lads will be involved so will be an interesting watch.

I’ll be heading over so if the coldness allows, will chuck a few updates up on here.

U18s or U23s? who is playing tomorrow?

be touch n go whether i can make it in time for ko for the Pompey game, earlier game a bit too much of an ask...even though I'll be passing Abingdon on my way back

1-0 after 10 mins ox! Youth side completely changed from Wednesday. No team sheet and refused a look.. data protection they say.

Only chambers and Elechi I think start

Pretty sure Jack Stevens Ox 10 scored. Having a good game.. likewise Ox 7

Ox 9 Jordan Edwards! Usually on the bench is also starting..

Last edited:
1-0 after 10 mins ox! Youth side completely changed from Wednesday. No team sheet and refused a look.. data protection they say.

Only chambers and Elechi I think start

discussed with club officials re making it known who is playing for u18 and u23... with team sheets and corresponding shirt numbers.... probably not filtered through the system as yet.... as they agreed it would be helpful etc

2–1 keeper came for a cross and got no where near. Simple header. Good game n horrible weather

Back
Top Bottom