Ox-Rails

Surely the owner of the stadium will have something to say about this? I guess if it didn’t cost him anything he don’t care.!

So (as I understand it) this isn't proper 'safe standing' at all, but additional barriers bolted between the rows of seats where people habitually stand. Is there really a major problem with people tumbling down multiple rows of seats in the East Stand? Can't say I have ever noticed it happening? Seen it a few times at away games - maybe we ought to take portable crash barriers with us when we go elsewhere :)

So (as I understand it) this isn't proper 'safe standing' at all, but additional barriers bolted between the rows of seats where people habitually stand. Is there really a major problem with people tumbling down multiple rows of seats in the East Stand? Can't say I have ever noticed it happening? Seen it a few times at away games - maybe we ought to take portable crash barriers with us when we go elsewhere :)
I agree. Is this expenditure really necessary? I suppose, as others have stated, the fact that the barriers are there would mean you’d HAVE to stand up to have a view of the game, but you’d have a seat for reading your programme (if they’d still exist) at halftime. Win win then.

Do you have any examples of this please? I can just about use my feeble imagination, but if you know of any other clubs that do something similar, I'd be interested to see them. Cheers.

Great news, I agree. Even though I sit as I attend games with my old man, I'd definitely look to stand at games he doesn't attend.

For me it's not about sitting vs standing and which is safer etc. It's about whether standing is safe enough and giving people the choice to choose what they want to do, which I believe it is. Besides, thousands stand at top flight rugby games in this country. Drink alcohol, too. Another example of football fans being treated as 'less than' by others.
With respect you cant compare Rugby and Football fans. IMO total different "beasts".

Do you have any examples of this please? I can just about use my feeble imagination, but if you know of any other clubs that do something similar, I'd be interested to see them. Cheers.

Great news, I agree. Even though I sit as I attend games with my old man, I'd definitely look to stand at games he doesn't attend.

For me it's not about sitting vs standing and which is safer etc. It's about whether standing is safe enough and giving people the choice to choose what they want to do, which I believe it is. Besides, thousands stand at top flight rugby games in this country. Drink alcohol, too. Another example of football fans being treated as 'less than' by others.
With respect you cant compare Rugby and Football fans. IMO total different "beasts".

WUM

True, rugby fans behave much worse. The police in Cardiff have said that Welsh rugby games at the millennium stadium cause far more trouble than Cardiff city games, that’s a club with one of the worst reputations in a league with Leeds and Millwall. When we played Wimbledon away a few years ago I had to get the train to Twickenham to change for Kingston and there was a club game on there with a big crowd, gobbiest bunch of dickheads I have ever had the misfortune to be in any type of vehicle with, if al queada had blown it up I would of considered it a mercy killing.

To add to that there was yet another big punch up at the races the other day, pretty much one at every big race now. How football fans continue to be victimised compared to other sports with various draconian rules enforced is strange, either bring in the same rules for all sporting events or allow football the same rules, the bias towards posher sports is so blatant as to be ridiculously obvious.

On a slightly different note I have been traveling through Henley a bit for work, they have had huge marquees right by the river up for the regatta weeks in advance, the same council that has allowed that refused the priory pub permission to have one smallish one up.

One rule for them and one rule for us.

True, rugby fans behave much worse. The police in Cardiff have said that Welsh rugby games at the millennium stadium cause far more trouble than Cardiff city games, that’s a club with one of the worst reputations in a league with Leeds and Millwall. When we played Wimbledon away a few years ago I had to get the train to Twickenham to change for Kingston and there was a club game on there with a big crowd, gobbiest bunch of dickheads I have ever had the misfortune to be in any type of vehicle with, if al queada had blown it up I would of considered it a mercy killing.

To add to that there was yet another big punch up at the races the other day, pretty much one at every big race now. How football fans continue to be victimised compared to other sports with various draconian rules enforced is strange, either bring in the same rules for all sporting events or allow football the same rules, the bias towards posher sports is so blatant as to be ridiculously obvious.

On a slightly different note I have been traveling through Henley a bit for work, they have had huge marquees right by the river up for the regatta weeks in advance, the same council that has allowed that refused the priory pub permission to have one smallish one up.

I dont agree.

I dont agree.

Another classic CC post

I can only go by my recent experiences of football vs. rugby crowds, and I feel that you cant favourable compare football fans over rugby fans. eg Blackburn away.

You may be able to drink and watch the game at a rugby game. But you still have to watch rugby which is a near unwatchable load of nonsense.

You may be able to drink and watch the game at a rugby game. But you still have to watch rugby which is a near unwatchable load of nonsense.
Even if I was drinking copious amounts of alcohol while watching it, egg chasing , to me, will always be an unfathomable mystery. As in why?

Back
Top Bottom