Ox-Rails

Standing at football is never going to be allowed again. No politician will put their name to that in case of another disaster. So why don't the club spend money on improving the stadium instead of wasting it on safe standing barriers etc ?
If people just sat on their seats and watched the game there wouldn't be any need to revert back to those bad old days.
A significant number of people will not sit down. Some none of the time, some some of the time or not at specific games. If you accept that then you have choices. You can just pretend it isn't happening, you can try to evict anyone who stands up, you can legislate and install 'Safe Standing' seats or you can try to take measures to make those who stand a bit safer.

Oh - and it isn't our stadium. Spending money to improve it in any significant way is just putting money in you know who's pocket.

Or have I just been royally whooshed?

If I go to Welford Road I can stand on a terrace and have a pint whilst watching the game.
If I go to The Kassam I am expected to be seated & not drink a beer within view of the pitch.

At one I am seen as a customer, at the other I am seen as a "potential problem".

If that isn`t discrimination I don`t know what is.

Standing at football is never going to be allowed again. No politician will put their name to that in case of another disaster. So why don't the club spend money on improving the stadium instead of wasting it on safe standing barriers etc ?
If people just sat on their seats and watched the game there wouldn't be any need to revert back to those bad old days.
Must be a member of the prawn sandwich brigade !!

Back
Top Bottom