Ox-Rails

cheers for the response...any reason as to why football supporters are treated (and policed? ) differently to all other sports supporters?
In my own opinion,as a football fan I believe legislation needs to be looked at and changed/tweaked. Until then I’m afraid the minority will fall foul of the current laws. I’m hopeful of change.

Marked Ox

Evening sarge. I am still here. The Ascot video I’m led to believe involved West Ham v Villa fans/supporters. It happens a lot more than is reported. Not just race meetings. Concerts and boxing matches to name a couple. Not arranged, just chance meetings. Can’t comment on why they weren’t arrested as wasn’t there.
Can I ask at what point they stop being football supporters and rather become troublemakers attached to another sport/event? To turn it around, why can't football on that basis claim it is horse racing fans clashing at football should disorder with these people happen?

It seems a rather lazy label to blame it on football supporters and other sports washing their hands of their responsibilities for crowd control and behaviour.

Last edited:
Can I ask at what point they stop being football supporters and rather become troublemakers attached to another sport/event?

It seems a rather lazy label to blame it on football.
Maybe it is. But when we’re informed they’re chanting their clubs names and then engaging in disorder it’s kind of easy for the media and others to point a finger.

Marked Ox

Maybe it is. But when we’re informed they’re chanting their clubs names and then engaging in disorder it’s kind of easy for the media and others to point a finger.
Thanks for your response. My question was more a general one rather than a specific case as that always seems to be the claim made that it is football fans.

As an aside, the media don't need an excuse, whether it is true or not, to blame football for any trouble but are slow on the uptake when it involves other sports.

Last edited:
Top Bottom