Match Buildup OUWFC season starts Sunday 25th Aug

Sarge

God like member
Cup game at CPF V Crawley Wasps ... (really??) ...2pm kick off £5/£2 consessions

OWS preview ....

Sadly, I won't be going as watching football at Court Place Farm with that pitch is an awful experience and for the same reason I won't watch Oxford City, but will go and watch other local sides. I used to watch them when they played at Abingdon Utd though.

Good work @Sarge.

Today saw the re-signing of last seasons club and league top scorer Emily Allen who is able to play this weekend so together with all the other summer signings and retentions promises to be an exciting season. Saying that Crawley aren't a bad side and inflicted an early home defeat in the Cup against us last season and now after promotion meet in the Cup as equals, also they played and won last week so have a bit of a head start.

@Marked Ox i take your point about the pitch but please reconsider as i feel this season should deliver in both entertainment and results with the squad that has been built.

Good work @Sarge.

Today saw the re-signing of last seasons club and league top scorer Emily Allen who is able to play this weekend so together with all the other summer signings and retentions promises to be an exciting season. Saying that Crawley aren't a bad side and inflicted an early home defeat in the Cup against us last season and now after promotion meet in the Cup as equals, also they played and won last week so have a bit of a head start.

@Marked Ox i take your point about the pitch but please reconsider as i feel this season should deliver in both entertainment and results with the squad that has been built.

Sadly I've watched a fair few games (Oxford City, Oxford Utd ladies etc) there and I just don't enjoy watching games on it. Whilst I don't like 3g/4g pitches in general, I can watch games on them but the pitch at Court Place Farm is just plain awful, with the crumb bouncing up with any movement and the bounce is also 'off'.

I do hope they do well though.

Frustrating game in intense heat saw OUWFC lose 1-0 to a late goal, the opposition latched onto a stray pass at the back and scored what proved to be the winner.

Entertaining game which Oxford enjoyed the better possession without making it count or working the opposition goalkeeper enough.

Onto next Sunday and an away trip to Watford.

Back
Top Bottom