General Our shop and stock

BigAlan

Two years ago when I wanted a Christmas jumper with our logo on it to wind up my Leeds relatives all the shop has was skinny size, no fat Lardy sizes for us who drink beer, just looked at the shop site again and it’s the same, skinny geezer size only.

Does this indicate all the supporters of the mighty yellows are fit people with cash to spare?

I hope not as I am a retired old git with a shilling to spend but yet again can’t due to no stock.

Two years ago when I wanted a Christmas jumper with our logo on it to wind up my Leeds relatives all the shop has was skinny size, no fat Lardy sizes for us who drink beer, just looked at the shop site again and it’s the same, skinny geezer size only.

Does this indicate all the supporters of the mighty yellows are fit people with cash to spare?

I hope not as I am a retired old git with a shilling to spend but yet again can’t due to no stock.
Speaking from experience .... a lot of the 'sizes' given on official merch ( such as replica shirts, training tops etc) seems to bear little resemblance to what is generally recognised as standard adult 'UK ' sizes ( eg:- M= 38"-40" chest, L = 42"-44" etc) so either buy in the club shop, as in try on to check before you buy, or go up 2 'sizes' from your usual 'UK' size if you prefer a looser fit

If your feeling brave - https://uk.foco.com/products/oxford-united-fc-mens-ugly-pattern-family-holiday-pyjamas

You could go on a diet 🙃

Although I would hazard a guess that size “skinny” would be a big stretch for all us plus 50‘s.

I bought a kit for my son and grandson. Cost a bloody fortune, but I can't wait to see the little one proudly wearing his Oxford United shirt with his name emblazoned across the back.

I don't know about sizes, but I was really impressed by the range of merchandise that they had in store, especially the presentation of all the kits in pinned up on the back wall.

We should have a pop up shop in the city centre at this time of the year.

Walking through Reading last Saturday, the Plastics had a mobile pop up shop right outside the entrance to the Oracle centre.

I wanted a woolly hat, its winter time, its cold at the match, there are none online to buy!

I wanted a woolly hat, its winter time, its cold at the match, there are none online to buy!

Sue Traffords 'emporium' outside the Quadrangle on matchdays will, I believe, have Navy blue wooly beanie hats with OUFC in yellow before the home game V Wigan....if that's any help?

I bought a kit for my son and grandson. Cost a bloody fortune, but I can't wait to see the little one proudly wearing his Oxford United shirt with his name emblazoned across the back.

I don't know about sizes, but I was really impressed by the range of merchandise that they had in store, especially the presentation of all the kits in pinned up on the back wall.
I hope you got a size bigger than the usual size for the little ones my older boy is 9 he has to wear 13-14 my 7 yo wears 10-11 my 4yo wear 5-6 it’s crazy mine is 2xl and im only L 😁

The quality of last years club beanie was brilliant. Very thick and warm. Whoever they got them off, I’d use that company again.

I hope you got a size bigger than the usual size for the little ones my older boy is 9 he has to wear 13-14 my 7 yo wears 10-11 my 4yo wear 5-6 it’s crazy mine is 2xl and im only L 😁
Yes, thanks, he's 7 and I think I bought 9-10 or 10-11. He's quite small for his age.

Yep similar situation my son is 9 and in 13-14, , I'm xl but a medium in all other t shirts. The club shop did advise when I bought in store but unsure if it does online.

Yep similar situation my son is 9 and in 13-14, , I'm xl but a medium in all other t shirts. The club shop did advise when I bought in store but unsure if it does online.
The size of the replica shirts varies so much season to season that I never pre-order but get one (if there are any available) from the club shop first time I get to Grenoble Road in the new season so that I can try them on.

I have just got grandson No.1 a new shirt and he handed his original to Grandson No.2 and today they went on Holiday, well No1 had chocolate down the front (aged 5) but he could not possibly go until his new shirt had been washed so he could wear it out at night. Reckon he is a yellow for life now.

Last edited:
The size of the replica shirts varies so much season to season that I never pre-order but get one (if there are any available) from the club shop first time I get to Grenoble Road in the new season so that I can try them on.

I’ve heard that one before … after lock down the large is now a medium. Etc.

• Haha
Reactions: m
Surely, this a mandatory purchase for @Sarge?

View attachment 8390
both me and my Dad (sarge senior) have birthdays coming up this month..... we could end up with a few of em each :ROFLMAO:

* edit - theNavy blue T-shirt with yellow Ox head and 3 stripes is certainly (IMO) the better option

*edit x2 - one of the navy with yellow print versions on its way to me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom