Votes: 6 25.0%

Votes: 4 16.7%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Typical iffy inconsistant L1 level referee , waved away a pen when taylor appeared to be pulled down by 'dale keeper....then gave dale a pen for the ball striking the hand of a U's player (long?) .....few other moments of blatant inconsistancy from Rock during the match too

A generous(ish) 4 from me

Noticed he , Rock, had his brother/dad/ relative (john?) Chauffeur services advertised on the pitch hoardings (ssl fence end area) too

I thought he was decent. Let the game flow, consistent in what was and wasn't a foul so challenges could be made. Also, consistent with yellow cards although Rathbone made his rather easy as he was obviously in a strop. Also, actually gave a foul throw, almost unheard of now.

As said elsewhere, from what the Ref saw (based on the couple of camera angles) and how the handball law is now written then he got that decision right.

Yeah, no complaints from me either. The penalty seemed harsh but them's the rules I guess.

I don't think the ref had a huge amount of choice with the penalty. It was *obviously* not deliberate, but at the moment if the ball hits an arm in the penalty area if the arm isn't actually superglued to the players side then it's a penalty. Absolutely daft, but the refs have to implement the rules as written.

Agreed, it is the general interpretation of the handball rule, not this referee's application, that is at fault. That said, the current position is absolutely absurd.

I thought Mr Rock generally let the game flow, and rightly did not get sucked into giving a foul just because a player collapsed in a conveniently helpful position. This sort of free kick is a curse in L1: Peterborough noticeable offenders.

Back
Top Bottom