Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
not an easy game to referee

IMO got a few big calls wrong

Often hoodwinked (as many are and have been over the years) by Pompey's communal thuggery & employment of gamesmanship/dark arts ....and timewasting (keeper booked in 87th min)
But was in the main consistant

An average and steady 5 from me

I agree that it wasn’t an easy game to referee, but don’t think Mr. Barrot did himself any favours. He warned the Pompey ‘keeper early on about his time wasting, but didn’t book him until the 87th minute (what’s the point of that?). I thought the red card he issued was harsh, and the foul on Moore was much much worse.
I think the marking would be much lower if we hadn’t won.

Average 5,
made it hard for himself by not being consistent. Red card, probably but still not sure. Elbow on Moore 100% red card, that's where the inconsistency starts. The blatant time wasting and some of those dives, you'll not see better at a swimming pool. Makes a win even sweeter

I thought he did extremely well in a match that was horrible to ref. Other refs we’ve had would have ended up with players boiling over - he kept it to a steady simmer. The only real criticism I have is that he didn’t put a line in the sand on the keeper’s timewasting by booking him sooner.

I think after he sent there player off he bottled the elbow decision unfortunately as for booking the GK I didn't really see the point as he would never send him off but at least he added time on at the end and we scored in the 96th minute thanks to their time wasting 4 from me

I gave him a solid 7. Had balls with the 1st red lost them when he should have issued a 2nd red. Apart from allowing the time wasting or shall we say game management from Pompey, i thought he did ok in a game that was far from easy to ref.

Not too bad. IMO he got the first red correct (out of control, studs up, foot high, not deliberate - but still a 'reckless' red) and the second one wrong (deliberate violent conduct). Depending on the view you had of both incidents, your (and his) opinion may be different (I'd hope he was helped by his linos?). Lost control a bit for a period in the second half, got it back. Hard match to ref, with Portsmouth pushing the boundaries all the time. Added the very bare minimum at the end of both halves, luckily it didn't cost us. So a six from me as he got one major decision wrong, probably should have added more time on and should have clamped down on the Portsmouth time wasting earlier in the game.

I thought that he was very poor in stopping Pompey time-wasting.
Pompey were allowed to try and ruin the game (the keepers behaviour for goal kicks was ridiculous)
He was brave for the red card but the second assault deserved a red as well.
5 from me.

4 from me that’s for allowing the shameful time wasting going on for so long and the failure to give a straight red for the elbow in Moore

Back
Top Bottom