OUFC v Palarse not a real match thread thingy

If I were new to London and wanted to follow a team then Palace would be far preferable to watch than the boring top 3. Fast, quick on the break - proper entertainment. If only Hodgson had capped Zaha in a competitive international. He'd be an England regular now I reckon.......

If I were new to London and wanted to follow a team then Palace would be far preferable to watch than the boring top 3. Fast, quick on the break - proper entertainment. If only Hodgson had capped Zaha in a competitive international. He'd be an England regular now I reckon.......
Don’t forget that (and I do think we were very good today) he was only playing against a league one team.

In terms of Palace if I wasn't yellow through and through. Friend lives in Crystal Palace and a season ticket holder for many years. I sometimes stop at his when I'm in London and was there for their home game against Watford last season. Took us along and whilst they looked poor for the first 75 minutes that day, what I was impressed with and made it an enjoyable night at the footie was that despite Palace being in the Premiership, it is still a real football club. Bottom of the league and for most of the match losing, their fans were still fantastic. Non stop support throughout. No moaning, 100% cheering them on and sung all game. When they scored a couple in the last 5 (despite never looking likely to get a draw least of all a win), you'd thought there was 60,000 in the ground (compare that to the grounds that have 60,000 and it sounds like a morgue)! Proper club with proper fans - and on that day, yes, Zaha was a different class once again!

Last edited:
The other thing with Palace is they used to have a fantastic chippy outside Selhurst Park which had 9 different strengths/flavours of homemade Curry Sauce. I haven't a clue if it is still going as it was a long time ago.

The other thing with Palace is they used to have a fantastic chippy outside Selhurst Park which had 9 different strengths/flavours of homemade Curry Sauce. I haven't a clue if it is still going as it was a long time ago.

Cor imagine that! Worth going just for bit of that ?

Poor at the back??? Vs. 80m player and friends. A team worth £181m. FFS. Give them break!

If you look at the last couple of goals we conceded, it was poor defending, regardless of the value of the scorers. If we did the same thing against Rochdale, we'd still concede those chances. Even Robinson said we were complacent.

Love these pre-season obituaries .
Let’s see where we are and more importantly how and why come December

Back
Top Bottom