Votes: 3 9.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Both he and his non assisting assistants were IMO a poor team of match officials

Let too much go, missed a lot, got more than a few very wrong, really didnt seem up to the job of a League1 game

4 from me

4 from me very poor a couple of easy free kicks ie handballs and he can’t give them, the challenge on Whyte first half a yellow card not given the challenge in the 2nd half by their no 6 on one of our players ( the name escapes me ) not given. So 4 and no more

He was that bias, Plymouth probably gave him a signed shirt at the end, never thought we would have one worse than Kettle until today. 2 from me, and thats for getting the kick offs right. Bloody disgrace.

He was that bias, Plymouth probably gave him a signed shirt at the end, never thought we would have one worse than Kettle until today. 2 from me, and thats for getting the kick offs right. Bloody disgrace.

Talk about exaggeration. Not good by any means but didn’t hear a single 'w****r, w****r' so on that basis a 5 🤷‍♂️

One word: corrupt!

Must have had money on Plymouth to win. Ignored fouls and handballs by argyle players 6 feet away and all through the first half gave them free kicks for nothing. No free kick or card for the blatant pull back on Agyei near the end. Then the sucker punch - they went and scored their third just afterwards.

You base your judgement on which chants were meted out, Yellow There!?

I was in the family stand with my kids - that’s the only reason I didn’t start that chant.

One of the worst refs I have ever seen. And that’s saying something.

There isn’t a score low enough to grade him if that’s a proper referee the game is gone he was s**t he gave everything to help Plymouth but gave us nothing that tackle where he bottled it and just gave a yellow to me that was reckless so I’m giving him -3

I did comment at the time that he was "inconsistent".

Towards the end of the first half, he gave Plymouth a free kick just outside the penalty area against Seddon (?) for holding his man although Taylor had been wrestled, pulled and impeded since kickoff and got nothing.

It's possible he gave it on the advice of the assistant running the line on the South Stand, who also had his own interpretation of the offside law....

I thought he was awful.

The first free kick he gave to us (apart from an offside, which was of course flagged by the lino) was after about 25 minutes, despite numerous tugs, holding downs and climbings. Not that Plymouth were a dirty side, they were just common or garden fouls. He also missed some of those we committed, but spotted many more! He seemed to feel the need to have a word with any offending player no matter how trivial the offence. Later in the game he started giving 'fouls' that were either nowhere near as obvious as ones he'd let go before or not fouls at all, just players challenging for the ball.

I don't think there were any major decisions he had to make one way or the other (it was match played in a good spirit) - although that tackle late on was a borderline red IMO - so I don't think he affected the result really. I dread to think how he'd handle a game that was a bit more 'feisty'!

One issue we have is that Matty Taylor has seemingly pissed off every single official in the country and in every game this season has been pushed, pulled and thrown to the floor and gotten nothing. Then what usually happens is he gets annoyed, gives a bit back and gets pulled up for a foul. I've yet to see a ref this season clamp down on CBs manhandling the strikers. We've on occasion benefitted from this too (Moore in particular can be a climber), but it goes against us far more than most teams because of how active in the game Matty always is.

As for this ref - he was poor. However, I don't think he affected the game negatively enough for it to be an excuse why we didn't win - that's purely down to us. Give him a 4 and hope we don't see him again, but I'd take him over Trev every time.

Back
Top Bottom