Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
average game handling with a couple of howlers too id say

failed to book any hull players despite mcguane being given plenty of 'treatment' especially in the first half. Yet booked 4 or 5 of our players? Inconsistent, like most referees at this level. 4 from me

All our bookings were fully justified in my opinion. Gorrin flew in and didn't get the ball, McGuane was clearly pulling their bloke back for about 10 yards, Obita's was close to a red (if not for Ruffels getting back beyond him he was last man), and Agyei went right through the back of someone.

So the only issue I had with the ref was that he blew for a foul too early a few times instead of allowing play to develop and giving the attacking team the advantage. But that worked very very much in our favour on one such instance so I can't complain too much! If I was Hull I'd have been raging about that one.

Bit inconsistant with his bookings, both sides got away with a few, also blew when their guy was right through in the second half

I thought he was decent 1st half and fairly consistent. A different Ref came out in the 2nd half who was influenced by their continual moaning throughout the game giving them soft free kicks, such as Honeyman running into Kelly and throwing himself down from which they ultimately scored, whilst they could get away with worse.

Our yellow cards were rightly given for me but I do question how Hull's left back wasn't booked in the 1st half for an equally cynical foul after being beaten by McGuane.

And Hull fans will reasonably complain about the Ref not playing advantage but then we had a very good breaking chance with McGuane in the 1st half when he did the same. So at least he was consistent. :)

So started well and then turned weak as he allowed himself to be bullied into favouring one team.

As for the ref, I thought he was poor. Looking at it from a dispassionate point of view, his failure to apply advantage was awful (even if we were the major beneficiaries), his bookings were inconsistent (I thought ours were probably deserved, but they should have had one or two as well) and in the second half he was too easily hoodwinked by suspiciously ill-balanced players.

Is that the bloke who blocks anyone on twitter for having a different view on Oufc ?

Pretty much your standard L1 dross, in contrast to Madley against Ipswich. Didn't even have a thread for him, which says a lot.
Some very, very strange decisions. Some very clear fouls not given, some 50:50s given.
Can't have any complaints about any of our bookings, and the foul for their free kick was soft but clear (silly challenge from Kelly).
The advantage (or lack thereof)...terrible. Hull still had to score though, so McCann should wind his neck in a bit.

The hull players whinged and whined about every tackle, honeyman should have been booked for his constant moaning, the ref did do us a favour with the advantage not played but I though he was just as bad as most of the refs at this level, I was shocked to hear he has reffed over 300 league games.

Honeyman conned referee Woolmer into giving him a free-kick after Honeyman ran into Liam Kelly.

Hull then scored from the free-kick.

Fell for the cries of anguish from Hull players and management, shame that we don't employ the same tactics.
I would just prefer that players didn't cheat.
Gorrin gave a free kick away in the second half and four or five Hull players 'showed a card' to the ref. Honeymoon had his head in his hands when he realised that Gorrin wouldn't be sent off. He looked distraught.

Just been on the hull forum, I can see where the hull players got the whinging from, what a bunch of tossers, the first pages are slagging off anything oxford, even the Covid vaccine, and the last is 2 keyboard warriors.

3 from me. I thought he favoured the Us mostly, and the two important advantages he didn’t play, materially affected the game.

A mediocre 5 from me, had a game of two halves to be honest must have got a cold cup of tea or something.

Wasnt Andy Woolmer the referee in the Oxford V Barnsley Paint pot Trophy final at Wembley a few years back?

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom