Votes: 11 23.9%

Votes: 3 6.5%

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Red card early on ... handled the game reasonably , fairly consistant

turned a blind eye to Fleetwood players physically holding our players at attacking set pieces for some reason

7 from me

Did he miss a blatant penalty ?

Thought he did well to not bow to the pressure the Fleetwood players put on him with their appealing for cards to be shown.
and crowding him.
Maybe a tad over officious but overall he got the big decision correct in red carding Charlie Mulgrew.

I think the telling point about the red card was the lack of any real protest from either the player or his team mates - he got it right.

Generally did well (good job Gorrin got subbed though!).

Did he miss a blatant penalty ?

Thought he did well to not bow to the pressure the Fleetwood players put on him with their appealing for cards to be shown.
and crowding him.
Maybe a tad over officious but overall he got the big decision correct in red carding Charlie Mulgrew.

I’m not convinced it was a red, probably need to see it again but there was a covering defender homing in on Taylor’s left and he didn’t have the ball under control. If it was a red it was one of those close calls.

Absolutely clear red card. Which is not to say it wasn't a brave decision after 5 minutes.
Got scrappy at the end but by and large kept things running.
Difficult to see the pen, dropped directly on the defender's arm apparently?
Bookings all OK as well.
No real complaints from me, a solid 7.

Solid 7 from me.
Right call on the red despite MT rolling far too many times! :ROFLMAO:
Bookings were all deserved.
Pen was "one of those" if he looks a split second earlier/later it goes the other way.

Clear cut red, so not a difficult decision but it was very early and some referees bottle it.
Then he missed the penalty decision.
Overall though he was pretty strong ( didn't give into the Fleetwood played calls for cards) and he did OK. 7 from me

I’m not convinced it was a red, probably need to see it again but there was a covering defender homing in on Taylor’s left and he didn’t have the ball under control. If it was a red it was one of those close calls.
Taylor would have had an obvious goal scoring opportunity, by having a shot when getting to the ball.

He didn't have the ball under control because he'd been scythed down. And the other defender only appeared on the scene after Taylor had been sent tumbling, i.e. at the time of the challenge, he was not a covering defender, he was out of the picture. Absolute nailed on red card and the ref was so (rightly) sure he didn't even consult the lino.

I thought he got the red card right but let’s be honest it was a blatant red. Missed the pen and I thought he was blowing for fouls at every opportunity, a lot of them were fair challenges from where I was sitting. I know we won the game but I still thought he was pretty poor. 5

I thought he got the red card right but let’s be honest it was a blatant red. Missed the pen and I thought he was blowing for fouls at every opportunity, a lot of them were fair challenges from where I was sitting. I know we won the game but I still thought he was pretty poor. 5

I don't think he missed the penalty but the Lino did. Only from memory but I don't think he had a clear view of handball but the Lino did.

Clear cut red, so not a difficult decision but it was very early and some referees bottle it.
Then he missed the penalty decision.
Overall though he was pretty strong ( didn't give into the Fleetwood played calls for cards) and he did OK. 7 from me

99% bottle it

Oh yeah, one more thing. The assistants are part of the ref watch too of course. I suspect that the one on this near side would have been getting some pelters from the crowd of there were spectators there...some very iffy calls there, even with the duff TV angles.

Definite red all day long

It’s called last man

It's not. Not such rule/law.
It is and it isn't..."last man" isn't explicitly mentioned in the law, but it is there in a roundabout way...

Law 12:

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders

It is and it isn't..."last man" isn't explicitly mentioned in the law, but it is there in a roundabout way...

Law 12:

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders
Yep definite red

Have they changed the rule then? He was late brought down Matty from a goal scoring opportunity so it’s red
As Berliner has posted.

There never has been a 'last man' specific law, it's 'denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity'.

When I used to watch motd it was quite alarming how many pundits/ex players used to bang on about last man.

Back
Top Bottom