Votes: 11 32.4%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Thought he was reasonable, fairly consistent too - 6 from me

Ignored a lot of shirt pulling early on.He improved as the game progressed.
6 from me

Very good tonight so gets a 9. Consistent which is all you want as a player imo.

Solid 8 from me, missed stuff but missed it for both teams, consistent, and didn`t get much (anything?) wrong.

Interesting what different people see. I thought he let a lot go in the first half (no problem with that) and then punished very similar things in the second half. So I didn't think he was that consistent over the course of the match really. A couple of times he blew very quickly when he could have left it to see if there was an advantage.

Having said that, he certainly wasn't bad and if we had reffing of that standard most weeks I'd be happy. So a 7 from me.

Interesting what different people see. I thought he let a lot go in the first half (no problem with that) and then punished very similar things in the second half. So I didn't think he was that consistent over the course of the match really. A couple of times he blew very quickly when he could have left it to see if there was an advantage.

Having said that, he certainly wasn't bad and if we had reffing of that standard most weeks I'd be happy. So a 7 from me.
I tend to agree.
I thought that he was a little inconsistent but overall it was quite an easy game to referee and he let the game generally flow

He wasn’t the worst most definitely isn’t the best but he let the game flow didn’t really notice him which is always good so I gave him 7

Lucky that you never witnessed Clive Thomas,.........or did you?
aka Thomas the book ... the original 'its all about me' match official

didn't he controversially disallow a Brazil goal in a World cup finals group game (because hed blown the final whistle before the ball went in the net) and never referee a Wold cup finals match after daring to audaciously rule out a late Brazil winner?

if memory serves ( it may be a tad muddled) , in a night match at the Manor v Newcastle - which, I think , we won 4-1 , Gary Rambo Briggs had Keegan in his pocket for all the game, the perm haired midget didn't have a sniff, so he resorted to chirping away in Thomas' ear ( complaining that our centre half was giving him a 'hard time' at a guess ?) .... result Gary Briggs was sent off with 5 or ten mins to go, inevitably after which Keegan went and scored a consolation goal.... though my memory ain't good at the best of times, so that could be a couple of matches intertwined - or even a figment of my imagination

if memory serves ( it may be a tad muddled) , in a night match at the Manor v Newcastle - which, I think , we won 4-1 , Gary Rambo Briggs had Keegan in his pocket for all the game, the perm haired midget didn't have a sniff, so he resorted to chirping away in Thomas' ear ( complaining that our centre half was giving him a 'hard time' at a guess ?) .... result Gary Briggs was sent off with 5 or ten mins to go, inevitably after which Keegan went and scored a consolation goal.... though my memory ain't good at the best of times, so that could be a couple of matches intertwined - or even a figment of my imagination
2-1 Sarge, the 4-1 was against Leeds in the next round. Rest of your memory is perfect however.

I like a ref who doesn't blow up for every little thing, but some of them were fouls...no denying that.
At least he remained fairly consistent, which is more you can say for some at this level.

Missed so much off the ball stuff and that push on Whyte which should have been a pen. Not good at all.

Back
Top Bottom