Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Not bad not brilliant a just above average 6 from me

Very inconsistent, but not remotely helped by the linesman, the one in front of the away fans in particular was beyond rubbish.

I thought he did ok to be honest. We will see a lot worse than that this season, and I’ve given him a generous 7. Linesman was pretty pathetic though.

I thought that he was very poor. He seemed yo take ages at each free kick and wasted a load of time
How the foul on Browne in the first half wasn't a penalty I don't know ( he was giving similar challenges as fouls all over the pitch until then)

He wasn't the worst but he wasn't far off it either. 3

Bloody awful

Some examples:

- Their no.4 got warned 3 times, 2 of which were after the cynical trip on Marcus Browne that he gave a free kick for that wasn't long before Findlay got booked for just doing that.
- Sam Smith got warned twice and then he missed the blatant foul by Smith in the back of Elliott Moore that nearly set them up.
- Missed the penalty indicating their player got the ball!
- Missed a blatant handball by their full back on the edge of the box when he pretty much waved at the ball first in a challenge with Bodin.
- 3 cynical attempts by different players at fouling McGuane when he went on a long run apparently doesn't warrant comment with any of the players. Ignored other cynical challenges by Cambridge players.
- The ridiculous scrum at a corner when whilst warning some players, he watched one defender still trying to hug Sam Long.
- We got booked or warned for most of our cynical challenges.
- He did nothing about blatant timewasting/delaying the game by Cambridge especially their keeper which shut the game down. I'm so happy we took ages celebrating the goal so pretty much all the injury time remaining was used up

I appreciate Cambridge will point out situations with our players doing stuff but Cambridge definitely had a lot more leeway today.

He is the new Trevor Kettle based on that.

Last edited:
On the basis that the Sky highlights showed the penalty shout for the trip on Browne and the numerous inconsistent decisions, I gave him a 5. It could have been lower. He was just not observing play the way it required. He let some things go, others resulted in a foul or, worse, an inconsistent card.
He was also very irritating in his insistence that nothing restart until he was ready, in position and had blown his whistle. His assistants did not give him reliable help either.
It spoilt the game to a degree but also allowed some fairly unsportsmanlike behaviour (on both sides)

As an aside, nice to see Charles Brakspear hasn't improved as he gave Exeter a penalty for a challenge that started outside the box and finished outside the box. The Exeter player did get to the box and then dive though.

Sheffield Wed were given a penalty by Anthony Backhouse where the challenge was outside the box on Josh Windass.

Having seen Trevor kettle the referee yesterday wasn't far behind his standards that penalty was blatant some decisions were strange he had self importance he was crap I hope we don't see him again for a while

I though the ref was very poor yesterday. His inconsistency was astounding, with fouls that looked identical being either not punished at all, or with players being given yellows. More interested in strutting about pointing at his whistle than in managing the game properly. He wasn't biased either way IMO - just bloody awful.

Standard ref for the Kashstad. no better than a 5 from me.

Of interest, perhaps, the League paper gives him 7/10!

Mind you, the author was a ‘Jon Murray’ 😱

what was blatant was Browne threw himself to the floor doing a Triple Pike in the process

A side of his game that he needs to cut out as he does it allover the pitch

what was blatant was Browne threw himself to the floor doing a Triple Pike in the process

He was in on goal with only the keeper to beat so if* that's true I hope Robinson has had a serious word with him.

*I was blind sided by the defender.

When he was fouled for the penalty that wasn’t given? You are on a wind up, surely?

When he was fouled for the penalty that wasn’t given? You are on a wind up, surely?
I think the onus is on players to remember it is a contact sport. Taylor largely and Browne less so have a habit of falling over when someone breathes in their direction. They need to cut it out. If you watch the premier League games this weekend you needed to be chopped down at the knees to get a free kick. I thought it wasn't a penalty and the referee was ok. 7 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom