Votes: 10 43.5%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Sarge

God like member
Not hard to be considerably better than Kettle. Let the game flow in the main....his yellow flag assistant missed a lot (offsides) ....Smyth got away with just about everything ...kicking the ball away unpunished all game.....That apart had a decentish game I thought, just about a 7 from me

Thought he was ok. But that first Accy goal that was disallowed? Really? (Maybe it’s the lino’s fault, but we don’t vote for linos!)

Well after Kettle, he looked like the epitome of refereeing excellence, but...

It looked as if Accrington scored - maybe that would be more down to his assistant though?
I think Sam Long handballed in the area and they should have had a pen for that.

Those are a couple of major game changing moments. Admittedly they both went our way, but that doesn't make his performance better.

He should have booked their player for repeatedly kicking the ball away as well.

So I think he was OK, but no more than that.

Let's be under no illusions here, he was really, really not good. Just because he was a complete homer doesn't mean he gets good marks.
Their goal was clearly in. I can only suppose the linesman's view was blocked. Makes you look like a plonker afterwards mind.
Long could have had no complaints if the penalty was given. A little hip nudge doesn't make your arms go like that, he was trying to con the ref that the contact was greater (successfully as it turned out) and didn't see where the ball was.
If the ball to Taylor wasn't massively overhit that would have been a penalty to us as well (a harsh one, but he is clipped from behind).
Allowed their player to kick the ball away three times without a card, and every 50:50 went to us.
4/10 for me.

We've had much worse. Felt there was a bias to us first half and bias to them second so balances out really. Lino was poor.

I thought he was bloody awful, he missed their goal and Sams handball and let them get away with time wasting and kicking the ball away again and again. Sneaky cheating teams prosper with such weak refereeing (even if he did miss their goal).

I put a post on here a few weeks ago saying how poor the referees have been this season, and nothing has happened since to change my mind. They really are poor and something needs to change. What that is, I don't know. That is down to those in charge. I

Back
Top Bottom