Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
By his usual standards 'Trev, had a reasonablish game.

Though his inconsistancy was at times shocking , allowed open season on Kane and Sykes without giving much in the way of protection to either Oxford player. Got more than a few wrong as well imo

Both his assistants were a bit late and, imo, a bit questionable, with their offside calls

A 4 from me ( and yes if it wasnt Kettle it may well have been a score of 5)

Can't believe I did this but a 6 from me.

I thought for 75 mins or so he was doing fine, lost his head a little bit towards the end of the game but if it wasn't Mr Kettle I can't say I would have paid particular attention to him. He looked a little more mobile as well and not just exclusively camped in the centre circle. I think you have a point @Sarge about the challenges on Kane and Sykes but at the same time I feel that refs in general are letting a wee bit more go this season.

Again, in disbelief about this, but if he performed consistently like that week in week out I don't think he'd get nearly half the hate that he does.

Gave him a 4 because he was pretty decent in comparison to previous games he’s reffed for us, but was a bit soft on some of those Wimbledon challenges.

Not awful which is a compliment for Trev; but there was zero consistency with the bookings. Kane hacked down constantly, often with no bookings, but Kane makes one slightly mistimed challenge and is insta booked. But the worst was Moore getting booked for winning the ball. Linesman did not help him at all today, mind, so a 4 from me which is 4 higher than I expect from Kettle. Fortunately we were so brilliant that even Kettle on his worst day wouldn't be able to take the shine away.

It may have been missed by some but, Kettle spent a great deal of time watching KR and listening for anything with which to pull him up. At one point he thought he had grounds to speak to KR but realised, in the nick of time, that Karl was shouting instructions to his players, not, as Kettle hoped, offering criticism of his performance. (he left that until after the game!) He was also pretty much as immobile as always and, as always, proved inconsistent with his officiating. The man should not be allowed anywhere near a football match unless as a spectator, if anyone would let him into their ground.

He was s**t, booked 2 of ours for the only foul they did all game yet allowed at least 3 yellow cards off for terrible fouls on our players. He got lucky it was an easy game to ref, otherwise he wouldve fucked up even more.

How can he ref a game from the centre circle he barely moved apart from going around the circle he was so inconsistent his refereeing was a joke how many times did our players get taken out or just chucked to the floor and the second one if our players did it he got booked
But we won so I'm going to be consistent and give him 5 if we had lost he would have got -5

He was poor by most standards, but good when you compare it to some of his own past efforts. Immobile, inconsistent and inaccurate. Quite how he managed to book two of ours while only booking three of theirs (given the constant fouling and tackles going in from them) I will never know.

I'm not going to moderate my mark because we won! 3

He was poor by most standards, but good when you compare it to some of his own past efforts. Immobile, inconsistent and inaccurate. Quite how he managed to book two of ours while only booking three of theirs (given the constant fouling and tackles going in from them) I will never know.

Better than previous efforts, but the bookings were so inconsistent.
In the first half he appeared to let things go (one horrible foul on Kane) and then in the second for a short period, yellow cards were flying around.

By his usual standards 'Trev, had a reasonablish game.

Though his inconsistancy was at times shocking , allowed open season on Kane and Sykes without giving much in the way of protection to either Oxford player. Got more than a few wrong as well imo

Both his assistants were a bit late and, imo, a bit questionable, with their offside calls

A 4 from me ( and yes if it wasnt Kettle it may well have been a score of 5)
The way he managed that game was downright dangerous for players. He ignores potential career ending tackles with his "look at me" waving gesture. As a result the tackles became even more reckless mostly from Wimbledon but we were guilty as well. He actually enjoys his pantomime villain status and pretty much every time he sets foot on the pitch brings the game into disrepute. The real embarrassment is the football authorities merely turn a blind eye to it. Every club in the lower leagues know how bad he is yet year after year he literally turns games of football into embarrassing farces.
I am beginning to think games would be better without a ref rather than that fool waddling around the pitch.

I gave him a 3. But that's only because I used a random number generator, set for between 1 and 10, and it popped up with 3. Random yellow cards from him (at least a couple of AFC's players could have seen red for tackles that went unpunished altogether, and neither Kane nor Moore should have been booked), so he's only worth a random score from me.

I gave him a 3 as we got three goals, apart from that he was crap.

Wasn't too bad, bit impulsive with a couple of his yellow cards.

I saw him speak to Moore when he and the linesman were warming up, Moore nodded and smiled politely until Kettle had moved off at which point Moore turned to his teammates and shook his head!

I would have liked to have seen a replay of our penalty claim early in the first half. The fact that it was edited out confirms my original opinion that the decision was an absolute shocker.

Totally agree, his inconsistency was shocking.

Excerpt from a “Dons” match report.

“””The referee’s a…: Trevor Kettle was a late replacement, apparently. Which if nothing else led to many cancelling their iFollow orders upon hearing the news.”””

🤣🤣🤣. Crazy how he is still on the list. Ridiculed and rated as useless by almost every set of fans

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen a replay of our penalty claim early in the first half. The fact that it was edited out confirms my original opinion that the decision was an absolute shocker.

None of our players appealed to any great extent which probably tells us everything we need to know.

Back
Top Bottom