Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

Taylor miss a sitter really - redirected it to the one place it owuldnt be a goal - the keeper!

Lucky to be leading at this point. We've been very slow and ponderous in midfield. Miss Sykes' energy.

yes, Jerome interjected with it.
It’s going to be an interesting post match interview tonight. KR can’t use the ‘not heard anything about it’ line anymore. Hopefully he’ll put the whole thing to bed by confirming he’s not interested and we can all move on.

Eastwood looks sharp and has made some good saves.

Moore impressive again. Dickie when he brings the ball forwards can beat the press.

It’s been a strange game in some ways in that we’ve had more chances on the counter if anything, sadly couldn’t quite put them away including one where we were 2 on 1, and some 2 on 2s and 3 on 3s.

We really need another goal or two as they look dangerous and could easily score.

Some half time entertainment for you all.

A little boy asked his parents:

If mummy was a zebra and daddy was a zebra, what would I be?

You'd be a baby zebra, son

And if mummy was a giraffe and daddy was a giraffe what would I be?

You'd be a baby giraffe, son.

And if mummy was a drunken whore and daddy was in prison what would I be?

Well son, you'd be a Swindon supporter

Think Accrington will feel unlucky to be behind, both teams could have scored a couple more. Eastwood and Long have saved us really.

It’s going to be an interesting post match interview tonight. KR can’t use the ‘not heard anything about it’ line anymore. Hopefully he’ll put the whole thing to bed by confirming he’s not interested and we can all move on.

Football management is quite funny. I can't think of any time in my career where I'd have turned down the opportunity to talk to another company who'd come along and offered me a massive salary increase. Not that that's ever happened mind you.

Just seems mad that anyone would not even speak to another club who's interested in them. I imagine a lot of 'talking' goes on with or without the clubs permission. KR must be aware of any interest and what's being offered.

Thorne looks finished imo.
Has made a couple of nice touches and tackles but I agree, looks so far off the pace. We really miss Gorrin's energy at the base of the midfield triangle. Accy are doing what Wombles so conspicuously didnt do and pressing hard, and he's being caught on the ball / rushed into poor passes constantly.

Back
Top Bottom