Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

who will play on the left if Holland is not fit? Could be Browne although I would prefer him to continue in his current central role. Agyei seems to be better on the right, as does Henry. Mackie occasionally plays on the left but can't see him starting there.

Browne would be the logical choice. I wouldn't want Agyei and Ruffs on the same wing (at the moment), I think the solidity of Long will complement Agyei's attacking instincts. Henry in centremid with licence to get forwards.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Branaghan
Agyei Taylor Browne
If it is a choice between Taylor starting against Accy or Southend, I'd want him to play tonight.

Bet you at least one of those one three 'injury doubts' rock up on the bench.
Is Kelly available?
A tough game, write off Accy at your peril. Any sort of win would do me.
OWS has Sykes in the squad list for tonight, along with Atkinson and Spasov, and suggests Kelly will be ready for Saturday.

Eastwood

Long Dickie Moore

Hanson Gorrin

Henry Brannagan Browne

Agyei Taylor

Subs Stevens Ruffels Mackie Thorne Daves Dog Spasov Atkinson

I strangely don't see this as as much of a must win as I did last week. The two results in the last 7 days have been essential, with the Ipswich result in particular three points I certainly didn't expect to pick up. With the (all but) guaranteed three points of Saturday (touch wood), I think our form and momentum will continue even if we don't win here. I'm a bit concerned about the potential players out, as, apart from anything, that presumably means Agyei will start and gives us next to nothing in an attacking sense off the bench.

That said, I think we should have enough to win. Taylor is back in peak Taylor goalscoring form and Henry and CB are back pulling the strings. Would love to see what our winning percentage is this season when all three of those three start.

Accy also aren't all that. A real mixed bag of results recently, with narrow losses to Pboro and Rotherham, what looks a good win at Shrewsbury and a point at Burton to end a home winning streak of 4 games for them, but were also flattened by Ipswich and lost at home to the league's whipping boys in Southend. Seem to ship goals, too - they've had one clean sheet this calendar year, and conceded at least twice in 6 of their last 9 league games.

Can see them coming and trying to make it difficult, but I'm going to go for 2-0 OUFC. Taylor and Browne.

A win would be three in a row and would set us up nicely to make it 4, which would be back on to promotion form... Hopefully we will go out there and attack, play positive football and get stuck in ?

Whoever Robinson has said isn't fit will start the game and score goals.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Browne Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Agyei

Would keep Browne + Henry where they've been playing, seems to get the best out of them, will be interesting to see who plays on the left.

2-1, Taylor + Dickie

It’s all about consistency from here on in. I’m hoping for a comfortable 2-0 win.

2-1, Brannagan, Henry (pen)
Attendance: 6,571 (23 brave souls from Accrington)

Just seen John Coleman and Jimmy Bell wandering around the Westgate looking quite pensive as they check out the Oxford Spires view. Hopefully concerned about tonight and hopefully even more thoughtful after a loss to the mighty yellows.

Back
Top Bottom