Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

Oxford1996

Huge game to take us closer to the play offs!

Loads of injury problems.. Forde, Sykes, Holland, Mousinho, Kelly, Woodburn missing

Eastwood, Long Dickie Moore Ruffels, Gorrin Brannagan Browne, Henry Taylor Agyei

Subs - Stevens, Atkinson, Hanson, Thorne, Mackie

Oxford 2-1 Accrington

I too have a feeling itll be a 2-1 home win albeit a very close run game, with a late, late winner

Loads of injury problems.. Forde, Sykes, Holland, Mousinho, Kelly, Woodburn missing

Eastwood, Long Dickie Moore Ruffels, Gorrin Brannagan Browne, Henry Taylor Agyei

Oxford 2-1 Accrington

I'm not sure we have too many other options but to start with that team, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Mackie start to give Taylor a rest.

I think we'll keep it tight at the back and a few are maybe due a goal, so I'll go 3 nil with goals from Brannagan, Browne and a rare goal from the defence.

Oxford 2-1 Accrington

I agree. Probably our biggest game of the season to date, for no other reason than we are probably drinking in last chance saloon right now and although we aren't going to get positive results in every remaining game these are genuine must wins. Lose and it undoes Saturday's great win, draw and it's two massive points tossed away, win and with Southend to come we might just be on the verge of gathering some serious momentum.

With respect to Accrington and Southend you wouldn't half take those teams at home in the space of five days - and on the back of a scintillating display at home to Wimbledon and a thoroughly professional job done on Ipswich - to maintain a promotion push.

I don't agree with Robbo's assertion that the top two are out on their own. As I said above I think we're at the point of no return for the automatics but it's still just about still attainable and three or four more wins on the bounce, which are all do-able, will catapult us back into the frame. Look how two wins on the bounce have transformed our thinking, two more wins in these next two and everything will be falling into place. There's a lot of promotion chasing head to heads in the next week or two and we aren't involved in any so something has to give and we just need to make sure we take advantage of the slips that, by definition, have to happen somewhere along the way.

I agree. Probably our biggest game of the season to date, for no other reason than we are probably drinking in last chance saloon right now and although we aren't going to get positive results in every remaining game these are genuine must wins. Lose and it undoes Saturday's great win, draw and it's two massive points tossed away, win and with Southend to come we might just be on the verge of gathering some serious momentum.

With respect to Accrington and Southend you wouldn't half take those teams at home in the space of five days - and on the back of a scintillating display at home to Wimbledon and a thoroughly professional job done on Ipswich - to maintain a promotion push.

I don't agree with Robbo's assertion that the top two are out on their own. As I said above I think we're at the point of no return for the automatics but it's still just about still attainable and three or four more wins on the bounce, which are all do-able, will catapult us back into the frame. Look how two wins on the bounce have transformed our thinking, two more wins in these next two and everything will be falling into place. There's a lot of promotion chasing head to heads in the next week or two and we aren't involved in any so something has to give and we just need to make sure we take advantage of the slips that, by definition, have to happen somewhere along the way.
Good post. Yes; let’s hope KR has the bravery to keep the momentum by picking Taylor to start, over ... well, you know who.

Card happy ref tomorrow. David Rock, in just 4 league one games this season, he has handed out 14 yellows!! In league 2 make that 44 cards in 14 games.
Rob Dickie will have to mind his P's and Q's if he is to avoid that suspension bringing yellow card.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Browne Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Agyei​

God knows who to put on the bench for this one, so let’s just play our strongest possible side, go for the throat, and get the points.

COYY

Good post. Yes; let’s hope KR has the bravery to keep the momentum by picking Taylor to start, over ... well, you know who.
'Bravery' ?
The very very easy decision is to start with Taylor ( which KR would love to do)
The braver option if advised by the sports science people is to leave Taylor on the bench.

I think it's a little bit of kidology from KR regarding some of those injuries, and at least a couple will be available hopefully, maybe Holland and Sykes.

This is a great chance for Agyei to make his mark. I have a feeling it will be a draw due to the injury issues, but would love the 3 points.

Is Thorne available?

The team will, I suspect, depend on how the players are feeling and the wear and tear on the bodies from this stupid schedule. It could well be that Mackie starts because it will take the pressure off of Taylor, but it's not crime of the century if it happens. Or Browne moves further up the pitch if needed.

It's up to the 11 who start to do their job and the rest on the bench to to come on and push them as needed.

Play as we did against Wimbledon and we will win. Accy are more of a test, but we have a very talented squad who are more than capable of winning this.
2-0.

I expect that Taylor will be begging to start. He looked like a man who has shaken off his injury woes so, if fit, I think that he may well play.
This game won’t be easy, but we are on the up. The momentum is building and I think we will win this one narrowly.
1-0 Yellows, Henry.

This won’t be easy but if we can win tonight at least a couple of our promotion rivals will drop points with Coventry playing Rotherham and Sunderland playing Fleetwood.
2-0 to the U’S

COYY

who will play on the left if Holland is not fit? Could be Browne although I would prefer him to continue in his current central role. Agyei seems to be better on the right, as does Henry. Mackie occasionally plays on the left but can't see him starting there.

The weather forecast keeps changing but it's currently saying sleet around kick off time. Lovely stuff...

Back
Top Bottom