FA Cup Oufc U18 v barnet u18

Had a spare few hours on Tuesday and having heard so many good things about the youth team decided to go and see for myself.

What i watched was so refreshing from watching the firsts. So much pace and freshness mixed in with a very good understanding of game management about the young lads. They also play with no fear which made for a very good watch. I would certainly say 5/6 of these lads could easily step up to the first team squad.

In no order.

Lopes, IMO, he will be such a good player and will offer us so much control of games in years to come given his size and superb control and use of the ball. Let’s just hope the apparent deal with Leeds doesn’t come off and he stays.

Spasov, such a willing runner up front mixed in with the touch and finishing he will need to go further. Fiery as well, which will need toning down, but certainly not scared to mix it with the bigger lads. Will need to use the ball better when others are better placed.

The lad Elechi is one that could be interesting. He’s huge for 16 and bloody quick! Also seemed comfortable on the ball and not Dre’s to get forward. Wasn’t really tested down his side defensively and Ox attacked mostly down the right but certainly one to watch.

Crooks was very busy in the middle keeping everything going and getting forward well. Seemed to be the one Ox looked at to get things going attacking wise. Tired early in the second half and was replaced but certainly a clever player.

Lofthouse who played rwb. Such energy and skill. Played the role very well and was solid in everything he did. Good pace and tricky once forward and also had a very good final ball. I like the look of him a lot.

James. He played what looked like just behind the front man (spasov) but worked the channels very well and has a very nice left foot. Unlucky with his attempts and kept his head up wel to keep going right till the end. Seemed a good technical player with a good understanding of the game.

Look forward to watching more games as these lads deserve supporting as they are a very good team.

And just as I finished all that!

Back
Top Bottom