General OUFC twitter hinting at a new retro shirt

It's the Wang 85/86 shirt.

Thought it would be, we sold a version previously and I think I managed to wear it once until the Wang fell off it, lol!
Hopefully this will be good and I will certainly purchase first chance I get.

Have always regretted not picking up one of the special edition anniversary shirts last year, that kit we wore against Shrews was sublime.

Yes i would have loved one of them, why they never got more I don't know. I don't really wear football shirts apart from around the house, gym or on hols but I still like to have a decent option.

I may even buy one , for me!,if its the Wang / Wembley 86 replica shirt .... assuming the colours are the right shades of course (and its good quality) .... just hope it wont be a very limited edition, overpriced, replica shirt (like the recent HUFC inspired one) !

Last edited:
I will be buying this very quickly if the quality is as good, youd expect something at least semi-decent when your owner is a clothes manufacturer.

For me, the problem with retro shirts from the late 70s onwards is that they can't be made exactly as per the originals, because they had the manufacturers' logos on them. Picky, I know, but it just detracts from them a bit for me.

I have one of the originals, but without the Wang logo. Were they all logo-less?

Don't think so, might have been an earlier version before the super WANG deal was signed :)

I will be buying this very quickly if the quality is as good, youd expect something at least semi-decent when your owner is a clothes manufacturer.
Being done by The Terrace guys, their other retro shirts have been good. The Umbro logo will be missing though, not allowed to add that.

I hope they get this one right - the previous version was the wrong colour and poor quality

This.

It must’ve been around six or seven years ago and the yellow was luminous. It didn’t look right at all.

Back
Top Bottom