OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
Interesting - people were asking earlier in the week about who got a brace in the U23 game the other day - so now we know
Signed a new deal at Lewes this summer, just hope they dont start playing silly b#ggers over any fee (which sounds like the issue).
Aged 24, so taken his time to get a move into the FL, but who knows - can't do any harm to have him on board really

Why do I get the feeling that this would be a Jefferson Louis type of signing, who will come off the bench to cause general confusion (for both sides), then suddenly notch a key goal in a crucial game to keep us up

I bet on a striker not arriving. With one goal in 30 appearances id argue one still hasnt arrived.

I thought you weren't going to say anything if you had nothing positive to say...

But be that as it may, Sinclair's record is 4 in 42, not 1 in 30 (the Wikipedia page wasn't updated until just now and the box at the top only shows league apps and goals: he's scored a couple of FA Cup goals for Liverpool & Watford, albeit against lower-league oppos). Not earth-shattering, but not as bad as you're making out.

Last edited:
Still can’t work out if the money was available was it used and if so on what?
No money was available for players. I just don't believe Tiger has the money to sustain the club in this league. We r in trouble just what do the board want with our club they don't want to Invest thats for sure.

Interesting - people were asking earlier in the week about who got a brace in the U23 game the other day - so now we know
Signed a new deal at Lewes this summer, just hope they dont start playing silly b#ggers over any fee (which sounds like the issue).
Aged 24, so taken his time to get a move into the FL, but who knows - can't do any harm to have him on board really

Sounds like we’re getting back to the original model. A young striker with potential from leagues above, a young striker from lower leagues with potential.
I wish Sinclair all the very best and hopefully one or two more.
COYY

And Hylton!! Yet most were over the moon with Garbutt. Sinclair obviously has talent but we need to get behind him. A smaller club like ours could be what he needs. Sunderland wouldn’t be an easy place for a young lad low on confidence to play.

you could actual compare the teams though they were low on confidence as a team and fans and let's be blunt our fans have never been the most patient..
Vaughan or his like were going to be under immense pressure and scrutinised....let's not put extra weight on this lads shoulders and expect miracles..

Mellow----help yourself at the bookies, don't worry about weighing up all the possibilities we're doomed, if you're not familiar with betting there's a chap up north can offer advice of the strategy to avoid. :)

if you see a chap seeking a lift on the motorway that'll be Kip as he is shortly homeless be kind to the poor fella

I thought you weren't going to say anything if you had nothing positive to say...

But be that as it may, Sinclair's record is 4 in 42, not 1 in 30 (the Wikipedia page wasn't updated until just now and the box at the top only shows league apps and goals: he's scored a couple of FA Cup goals for Liverpool & Watford, albeit against lower-league oppos). Not earth-shattering, but not as bad as you're making out.
1 league goal
1 fa cup goal
1 other cup goal
1 youth goal

Ok.. not a great window but not a bad one either. The problem was Robinson’s usual pre-window hyperbole and exclamations of super strikers etc etc.

This is what we have now to keep us up and, barring anymore injuries to key players, I think there’s enough quality in the squad to do that. I hope Sinclair gets a goal early doors to ease the pressure and expectation on him. The last thing we need is another Sam Smith situation and then Mackie’s back to go again.

What all this does do though, in my opinion, is put to bed any dwindling hopes that Thohir is waiting in the wings to ride in in April with his millions to take us up the leagues. If he really was about to come in we would have bought an decent league 1 striker and not be gambling on a young striker with one league goal to his name.

that makes no sense. It’s not April yet...

Barring any changes, this is the current squad:

Potential XI: Eastwood; Hanson, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels; Mousinho, Henry, Brannagan; Whyte, Sinclair, Graham

Potential Subs: Stevens, Garbutt, Kashi, Sykes, Browne, Carruthers, Mackie

Reserves: Shearer, Long, Napa

Injured: Baptiste, Hall, Obika

Whilst it isn't great in depth, it does look strong in quality. If this side escapes any more injuries, I'm confident we can avoid relegation. Also, we're past the worst of everything schedule-wise, we only have two more weekday matches and 2 games in four days over Easter.

Right this is giving me a headache now.. I missed Robinson’s bit on the radio, are we saying there’s still potentially another player coming in still..?

KR doesn't forsee anything happening tonight
Right this is giving me a headache now.. I missed Robinson’s bit on the radio, are we saying there’s still potentially another player coming in still..?

Robinson said unlikely, he's sticking around in case anything happens. The talk on here of the Bermudan wasn't mentioned but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom