OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
If there WAS money for a signing that we couldn't afford, then there should still be that money to bring in a more experienced player. Please god, if not where has the money suddenly gone????

We need an experienced striker who can score goals. IF we bring in the Liverpool lad, it doesn't look like he is a natural striker. He seems to have scored as many goals as Eastwood!!
He may score as many as Jake Wright did

Look at it this way
Man goes to see his bank manager about a mortgage. Manager asks what do you want buy. Man say I want this lovely 3 bed detached house which will cost £350K. Bank manager does the maths and says sorry you cant have that because you cant afford it. Man says ok how much can I have? Bank manager say you might want to go looking for a room to rent.
If you replace man and put KR and replace bank manager with Tiger.
Just saying it might not be KR fault.

Good luck to Jerome, looks a prospect.

KR has been saying we need "men", "experience", and a "proven player"". I agree. Hopefully we will sign another.

Last edited:
Well, looking at those clips, the one word I'd use for him would be 'direct'.
I actually feel that maybe League 1 might be his level to establish himself and then kick on - he wouldnt be the first player to sparkle as a teenager then plateau for a while in his early 20s then push on again.
Happy enough with him in isolation, would be happier to have another one in too though

Whoever comes in, we have no real option other than to support and get behind them. We have nothing but league fixtures left and it's all about surviving, so this forward player be it Sinclair or anybody else - providing of course we do indeed only sign one - is pivotal to that. Doesn't matter what they look like on paper, everyone has to support them on the pitch.

Is this the one for the bog money? It’s a Joke
No it isn't.
Vaughan was that nan and we appear to have been gazumped by Pompey.
Last night KR suggested that there was a second choice lined up and I would suspect this is Sinclair.

• React
Reactions: Ian
If confidence is the issue then there's a chance something might click for him here, KR and CB are people who were around when he was doing good things.

Whoever comes in, we have no real option other than to support and get behind them. We have nothing but league fixtures left and it's all about surviving, so this forward player be it Sinclair or anybody else - providing of course we do indeed only sign one - is pivotal to that. Doesn't matter what they look like on paper, everyone has to support them on the pitch.
Agree with all of that.
We have been decent v Pompey and Barnsley.
Mackie was excellent on Tuesday.
Sinclair has a lot to prove andat least gives us an option to give Mackie a rest. Who knows League 1 may suit him.
The next few weeks are critical and the supporters need to get behind the team.

The point isn't giving him a chance; all of the build-up was to get a player who would step into the team with ease, using his past experience. Where is and who was/were they ? By some 'pure fluke' this lad could turn out to be another roofe, let' hope so; however the question must still hang over the managers head - how many players actually turned us down ? who were they ? were they ever realistic chances ? did he know about them having followed their season or was he happy to sit down with a pie and a pint to watch obscure videos ? !!!!

Agree with all of that.
We have been decent v Pompey and Barnsley.
Mackie was excellent on Tuesday.
Sinclair has a lot to prove andat least gives us an option to give Mackie a rest. Who knows League 1 may suit him.
The next few weeks are critical and the supporters need to get behind the team.

And as a lone striker ?

I think hed do well learning off mackie .... if he can would be a great striker
But Robinson is a lone striker man, so what learning he could learn would be from the training ground and not the battlefield where he would need to perform. A season long loan at Sunderland cut short because he wasn’t up to scratch. Someone said previously his ability maybe L1 but Sunderland are a L1 side so what’s the difference.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom